Brien Alkire

Default (dumb?) OUPV questions

I'm still too inexperienced but in the future I'd like to consider taking
the OUPV exam. One of the prerequisites is 360 days of boat experience.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how is that evaluated exactly? Is it
360 x 24 hours of sailing time? Or is it 360 discrete sailing events? I
assume it's the former.

Also, what kind of records are needed for verification? I keep a very
accurate sailing log, but it's on my computer and I don't have verification
signatures.

It'd be useful to know these things so I can plan ahead.

Ben

I can''t say how strongly you should read the regs off the USCG site
yourself. The OUPV section isn't bad and then you wont have people
giving you bad info. WHich happens alot with licensing trivia.

Boater wannabe questions (Pacific Northwest area) Melandre General 8 June 6th 22 04:07 PM
Some more dumb questions... New Conservative Cruising 150 March 15th 05 02:03 PM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
(OT ) Dumb Dumb Dumb! (maybe he'll shoot himself in the foot) Jim General 19 June 8th 04 05:36 PM
You (and Bush) are likely too dumb for this Anonymous ASA 1 November 12th 03 04:03 AM