Allen McCann

Default WTB: Marine Inverter

Need a replacement for a "blown" Inverter. If you have one 2000 to 3000
Watts - let me know.

Allen

Larry W4CSC

Allen McCann wrote in :

Need a replacement for a "blown" Inverter. If you have one 2000 to 3000
Watts - let me know.

Allen

http://www.samsclub.com/

Sam's Club has the 3000 watt, really heavily=built Vector Maxx 3000 (model
VEC051) for $429. Hope you gots plenty of house batteries...(c;

This is a very nice unit with really heavy-duty cable connectors and all
the toys.....

Or, maybe, you could get the one with the yacht club flag stuck to it from
a "discount" boat parts retailer for $3995.....NOT!

Like Wally World, of course, Sam's will simply replace it if you blow it.
They even offer an additional 3-year no-questions warranty for $40.

Go take a look.......
Wayne.B

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:16:10 -0500, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Sam's Club has the 3000 watt, really heavily=built Vector Maxx 3000 (model
VEC051) for $429. Hope you gots plenty of house batteries...(c;

==============================

Or here for $332.95:

http://www.audioallies.com/getitem.a...=VEC051&Sys=FR

Larry W4CSC

Wayne.B wrote in
:

Or here for $332.95:

http://www.audioallies.com/getitem.a...=VEC051&Sys=FR

I didn't search the net because I wasn't buying, but thanks.....(c;

Allen McCann

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Allen McCann wrote in :

Need a replacement for a "blown" Inverter. If you have one 2000 to 3000
Watts - let me know.

Allen

http://www.samsclub.com/

Sam's Club has the 3000 watt, really heavily=built Vector Maxx 3000 (model
VEC051) for $429. Hope you gots plenty of house batteries...(c;

This is a very nice unit with really heavy-duty cable connectors and all
the toys.....

Or, maybe, you could get the one with the yacht club flag stuck to it from
a "discount" boat parts retailer for $3995.....NOT!

Like Wally World, of course, Sam's will simply replace it if you blow it.
They even offer an additional 3-year no-questions warranty for $40.

Go take a look.......

Thanks. That is the one I am going to get.

Allen

Skip Gundlach

wrote:

Sam's Club has the 3000 watt, really heavily=built Vector Maxx 3000

(model
VEC051) for $429. Hope you gots plenty of house batteries...(c;

==============================

Or here for $332.95:

http://www.audioallies.com/getitem.a...=VEC051&Sys=FR

Coming late to the party, but as this is the next phase in the refit, I
thought I'd take a look.

So, given that it's just some outlets, and not a supply to a mains
distribution, with all that wattage, how would we normally use it?

Seems this is really just a high-draw local unit, as opposed to the inverter
as used in a boat's distribution setup.

Did I miss something (either in this or the usual boat inverter setup)?

L8R

Skip, shocked :{))

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Larry W4CSC

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach sez use my name at earthlink dot fishcatcher
(net) - with apologies for the spamtrap wrote in news:U_adnfvc2erMnKbfRVn-
:

Skip, shocked :{))

Suit yersef....(c;

Skip Gundlach

And, the answer to the question is: ???

(reminder from original: So, given that it's just some outlets, and not a
supply to a mains
distribution, with all that wattage, how would we normally use it?

Seems this is really just a high-draw local unit, as opposed to the inverter
as used in a boat's distribution setup.

Did I miss something (either in this or the usual boat inverter setup)?

L8R

Skip, not en light end :{))

--

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach sez use my name at earthlink dot fishcatcher
(net) - with apologies for the spamtrap wrote in

:

Skip, shocked :{))

Suit yersef....(c;

Larry W4CSC

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach sez use my name at earthlink dot fishcatcher
(net) - with apologies for the spamtrap wrote in news:XOednRrWJbfxjqbfRVn-
:

(reminder from original: So, given that it's just some outlets, and not a
supply to a mains
distribution, with all that wattage, how would we normally use it?

Why can't we just plug the loads into it? Plug the boat into it, if you
like....just like the dock. Of course, you'd should install a transfer
switch to keep you from feeding the dock into it, or any other inverter
that doesn't have one.

Most things on Lionheart run on DC. A couple of things that don't are the
little microwave oven we paid $15 (new!) for and the laptop power supply
and printer power supply for WEFAX charts at sea. For those, we have a 1KW
Radio Shack inverter mounted right next to the battery switches inside the
engine compartment over the monsters to keep the inverter fan noise out of
the boat and the big cables to it to a minimum length. A length of #14
drop cord snakes its way through to overstuffed wireways to the nav station
where I installed a 115VAC standard 6-outlet power strip to plug the
various computer loads into it. A second custom drop cord runs from the
inverter to a dual outlet in a handibox behind the microwave in the galley.

I also ran a control cable from the power switch inside the inverter over
to a microswitch mounted on a neat little plate in a hole at the nav
station used by the former owner for something that needed filling. This
gives the inverter remote control to switch it on and off. A panel-mounted
neon indicator connected to the 120VAC in the nav station power strip lets
me know the inverter is on and, in fact, producing 120VAC power. When the
microwave is running, my DC clamp-on ammeter shows it drawing about 33A at
13.8VDC to heat dinner. Even at the dock, the microwave runs off the
inverter. We plug the computer stuff into a shore-power outlet by the
inverter's power strip.

I doubt many here will be powering the shore power throughout the boat with
the battery killing inverter, don't you?.....

3KW is way overkill because the boats can't provide DC to 3KW for very
long....

"Nothing is funnier than a boater with a new 4KW inverter carrying his
electric heater down the dock with that smug grin on his face....(c;"

Wayne.B

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:29:58 -0500, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

"Nothing is funnier than a boater with a new 4KW inverter carrying his
electric heater down the dock with that smug grin on his face....(c;"

4 KW?

No problem:

http://solarwindworks.com/Products/B.../batteries.htm

There are many new boats being equipped right from the factory with 10
to 12 KW inverters, gigundo battery banks and automatic generator
start.

http://tinyurl.com/5tqud

You just need a bigger boat.

2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
paradise cove trip Brien Alkire ASA 31 February 15th 04 11:17 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM