Courtney Thomas

Default temp/voltage detecting battery charger ...

I'm looking for the least expensive and reliable [multiple voltage -
i.e. 6, 12, 24] battery charger currently available. Temperature sensing
is a must.

Any recommendations ?

Thank you,
Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II

Gordon Wedman

"Doug Dotson" wrote:
I'm not aware of a charger that does multiple voltages.

I agree. Never seen one advertised in the boating market. Car charges can
typically do 6v or 12v by flicking a switch and these are cheap. Temp
sensing is not common though. 24volt chargers are usually just 24v.

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message
I'm not aware of a charger that does multiple voltages.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
I'm looking for the least expensive and reliable [multiple voltage - i.e.
6, 12, 24] battery charger currently available. Temperature sensing is a
must.

Any recommendations ?

Thank you,
Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II
lying Oriental, NC
WDB5619

Wayne.B

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:28:27 -0500, Courtney Thomas
wrote:
I'm looking for the least expensive and reliable [multiple voltage -
i.e. 6, 12, 24] battery charger currently available. Temperature sensing
is a must.

I have never seen a marine unit with multi voltage capability. Of
course you can charge multiple 6 volt batteries in series with a
either a 12 volt or 24 volt charger depending on number of
batteries. My old boat had (4) 6 volt batteries in series parallel
but they were charged as a single 12 volt battery. It worked fine,
and many others have done likewise.

Temperature sensing is available with some of the inverter/charger
combinations such as Heart Interface or Xantrex.