Ron

Default Noisy Xantrex Battery Charger

I recently replaced my old old battery charger with a Xantrex Truecharge
40+. It works fine except now I have all kinds of noise interference on my
am/fm radio and lines across the TV screen. I called Xantrex and they could
offer no solution to my problem. Said I was the first one that had this
problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just my problem.
Any suggestions on how to correct the problem? I know it is the charger for
when I remove power from the charger the interference goes away. When I
power it up again the noise returns.
Thanks for comments.

David Q. King

Since Xantrex claims this is out of the ordinary, why don't you take it back
and exchange it for another? Bad parts in the output filter of this power
supply could generate the conducted/radiated emissions you're getting in you
radio and TV.
de KJ7PF
"Ron" wrote in message
I recently replaced my old old battery charger with a Xantrex Truecharge
40+. It works fine except now I have all kinds of noise interference on my
am/fm radio and lines across the TV screen. I called Xantrex and they

could
offer no solution to my problem. Said I was the first one that had this
problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just my

problem.
Any suggestions on how to correct the problem? I know it is the charger

for
when I remove power from the charger the interference goes away. When I
power it up again the noise returns.
Thanks for comments.

Gordon Wedman

I have a pair of Truecharge 20's on my boat and have the same problem.
Terrible noise on my shortwave receiver.
I sent a note to Xantrex asking about solutions and they never replied.
Good customer service.
On their web site they have an FAQ page that comments on this problem so I
don't think it is so uncommon. If I recall correctly they mainly talk about
filters on the output lines. I didn't think this would help as my portable
is not picking up interference through a power supply line. I guess the
output leads could radiate so I will try the twist method. Grounding the
cases had no effect.