Bill

Default Lifeline Safety Nets?

Ahoy,

Bit of a re-intro ... Name's Bill, used to post here till life got too
damned hectic! My fiance' and I own a 1974 Douglas 32 on the Chesapeake
Bay. We're refitting her in preparation for sailing her to Michigan next
summer.

I'm looking for a source for safety nets to go on our lifelines to help
keep our dog on board. Anyone have a reccomended source? I saw a magazine
review sometime ago for a company who made them to fit, but I can find
neither the article nor anything online ...

Thanks,

--
Capn Bill
S/v Station Omega
Terry Spragg

Bill wrote:

Ahoy,

Bit of a re-intro ... Name's Bill, used to post here till life got too
damned hectic! My fiance' and I own a 1974 Douglas 32 on the Chesapeake
Bay. We're refitting her in preparation for sailing her to Michigan next
summer.

I'm looking for a source for safety nets to go on our lifelines to help
keep our dog on board. Anyone have a reccomended source? I saw a magazine
review sometime ago for a company who made them to fit, but I can find
neither the article nor anything online ...

Thanks,

Use snow fence or old fishnet. "Custom fitted" "Marine quality"
"Pet net" my word, that's like buying a "Marine stereo" with
rhinestones on the spokes and digital UPS.

Don't bother. Use the dog to practice MOB, he'll smarten up and
stay aboard himself. Who wants a stupid dog, anyway? Your boat does
have bulwarks, right?

Man's best friend, indeed!

Tether him. A run around the mast from the companionway, *short*
harness lead, cool. Diapers? The tether would also serve human
livestock. Does "he" have a lifejacket and non-skid booties /
swimfins? A choke chain for pedestrian safety?

Terry K

Garland Gray II

Check Defenders; they used to sell a woven netting, as opposed to knotted,
for a good bit less $$.
You would need to cut it to width.

Bill Slater

Bill

Do a search for Memphis Net Company. They sell commerical stuff and
the netting found in most baseball parks. I bought my net there by
the pound. It was like $15.00 plus frieght and all I had to do was
cut to length. The height was perfect. BTW, West Marine wanted about
$60 for the same amount.

Bill

Bill wrote in message ...
Ahoy,

Bit of a re-intro ... Name's Bill, used to post here till life got too
damned hectic! My fiance' and I own a 1974 Douglas 32 on the Chesapeake
Bay. We're refitting her in preparation for sailing her to Michigan next
summer.

I'm looking for a source for safety nets to go on our lifelines to help
keep our dog on board. Anyone have a reccomended source? I saw a magazine
review sometime ago for a company who made them to fit, but I can find
neither the article nor anything online ...

Thanks,

Ryk

Search eBay -- I saw some on sail there the other night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

labelled sailboat rail netting

Ryk