..be..

Default insanity & solo voyaging

more because of gales and other bad weather than anything else i've
just completed a four week new zealand to norfolk island solo voyage
and was wondering if other folk who have spent a similar period of
time alone at sea find the ropes talking to them after a couple of
weeks. it got to the point that i actually dreaded the sun rising,
because everything that was talking to me during the night, stopped
with the coming of daylight. perhaps its a survival mechanism?

the two week trip from there to australia was much more enjoyable,
primarily because there were only two days of 35knot+ gales as opposed
to two weeks of it.

cheers
bruce
Garuda

Bruce, I know exactly to which you are referring. The ghosts of the night.
After leaving the Galapagos and getting into the trades, night after night I
could hear voices calling from the sea. Some so profound that I ventured
topside and used a search light in order to determine location. After a few
days of that, I decided to propose a toast to those lost at sea. Actually,
the toasting lasted day after day on my way to the Marquesas, if I recall
correctly. One could also say, that perhaps it is a call from Neptune.

Garuda

I just knew you had the answer to voices from the sea.

JAXAshby

I just knew you had the answer to voices from the sea.

actually, the answer is not from the sea at all. It is widely understood by
most anyone with even a remote understanding of psychology.

2nd shift workers in the car wash are a different case.

Garuda

Only you would know about 2nd shift workers in the car wash.
Additionally, you've let it be known your lack knowledge of the sea. By
responding, in a very elementary way, that you are a
"professional killer" with blue water experience. Personally, in my mind,
your blue water experience consists of watching your toilet flush.

JAXAshby

"professional killer"

It was how I made my living once upon a time. I was helping out my uncle, even
before he asked.
JAXAshby

Personally, in my mind,
your blue water experience consists of watching your toilet flush.

shows what your mind is worth. New York city toilets hooked to the city water
system pump no "blue water" at all.
Garuda

Lets face it, the only thing you've killed in New York City, or anywhere,
are cockroaches

JAXAshby

Lets face it, the only thing you've killed in New York City, or anywhere,
are cockroaches

actually, not true.

but, I gather, you served -- if at all -- in the draft dodgers uscg, right?

"Garuda"
Date: 9/22/2004 10:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time

solo in a tandem mark General 4 August 2nd 04 11:29 PM
Solo canoe speed Jack General 10 June 11th 04 08:52 PM
Comments wanted on Oldtown Pack solo canoe H Hornblower General 7 May 7th 04 04:18 PM
wenonah Harry General 6 October 6th 03 06:19 PM
Best solo approach with Old Town Discovery 133k? John T. General 0 August 2nd 03 12:43 PM