Garuda

Bruce, I know exactly to which you are referring. The ghosts of the night.
After leaving the Galapagos and getting into the trades, night after night I
could hear voices calling from the sea. Some so profound that I ventured
topside and used a search light in order to determine location. After a few
days of that, I decided to propose a toast to those lost at sea. Actually,
the toasting lasted day after day on my way to the Marquesas, if I recall
correctly. One could also say, that perhaps it is a call from Neptune.