Default Round the world

Good grief!

I note wth amazement that ridiculous, pathetic, horrible little excuse of a human being is still very active in this newsgroup!!
Not only is he seemingly more active, but he has spawned, during my absence, more of the multiple personalities he had previously.

I have met many people in this world but I doubt that I have come across another person more desperate for attention and recognition than Warren. A normal person who disagreed as much and as often would simply quit the newsgroup because he has, to my memory, neither posted any helpful advice to questions nor sougth any advise.

Only in America could you put man on the moon yet spend insufficent money to sufficiently take care of the cronic mentally ill.

And Bruce - "When an ass brays, one is not compelled to bray back".

Ciao
Peter
Herodotus

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 18:19:12 +0700, Bruce in bangkok
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 04:01:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

And of course you are correct. But is sort of fun, in a morbid sort of
way, to tweak his nose :-)

Besides that, except for a few posters here who actually cruise, or
have cruised, nobody else provides much "education and entertainment."
So you are doing your part, Bruce.
Hello, Peter. Run across any "exotic" coffee stories in your latest
travels? Or close calls with typhoons, tsunamis?
Sorry I have no boating stories to relate.
I can say that some severe weather has foundered my house twice since
we last spoke here. A full foot of water in the basement.
And I can tell you that I have given up weak coffee brews, and gone to
less daily coffee but stronger brews.
Basic Starbucks quality beans, occasional Sumatran, etc.
Not too similar to what you drink, I suspect, except for the important
part. Coffee!

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure about Peter but I've been drinking a some sort of
"instant coffee". Actually it is powdered coffee which is packaged in
"coffee bags". You pop one in a cup of very hot water, let it soak a
bit and drink. It appears to be a streamlined variation of the old
"Chinese coffee" made with a "sock".

Peter may well know it as it is called "Kopi-O" and is made in
Butterworth, Malaysia.
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

Hi Vic and Bruce,
Just having difficulty at present in figuring out how to post and reply in this Google newsgroups system. I was reasonbly adept wth Free Agent as a newsreader but I guess that it will just require a little time.

Yes Vic, good coffee is still my drug of choice but until recently things have been usually too hectic to take the time to be an afficcianado (sp?).

And yes Bruce, I too delight in the sachets of "Kopi-O". When I fly back to Sydney after my visits to Malaysia, my bags have several large packets of these sachets.
Whilst going through the tediously lengthy divorce, getting my son back on track into university and refurbushing ths boat of mine, I took a contract project managing a new project with Optus, a major telco here. Apart from having a great project - brand new technology to implement and figure out, it was a great place to work. Most of the people, several of whom I had worked with before in the industry, were really pleasureable to work with; the technology was fascinating and the problems that arose were extremely challenging to say the least. I've performed many roles in IT over the years but Project Management, especally in difficult and technically challenging projects is my favourite (please note the correct, non-American spelling of 'favourite'). Apart from that, the work site consisted of 5 three and four storey office buildings surrounding a large 4 acre odd park-like campus with a long pond and trees in the centre. The 8,000 employees on site had no need to go off-site during the day as there were six lunch shops, a sit down restaurant cum bar and 4 coffee shops with several seating areas with sun umbrellas. There were even special buses chartered to drive there the 20 minutes or so from the centre of Sydney. Our group had BBQ breakfasts cooked according to a roster system each Friday morning.

One of the proprietors of a coffee and lunch bar was Greek and would often brew up Turksh coffee traditionally in the afternoons for he and I. You know the type Vic; a heaped teaspoon of finely ground coffee for each person with cold water added. Then heated up slowly until it almost reached the boil and was about to overflow the small copper pot with a long handle and a top narrower than the heavy base. Taken off the heat until it subsided, then back on the heat again - repeated three times, taken off the heat and given time for the grounds to settle to the bottom then poured into the small cups. Certainly opened your eyes. However back upstairs at my desk, coffee time was usually a rushed Nescafe type grabbed before a meeting.

Of course back home in Malaysia, it was down to the kampong coffee place on the motorbike for the fantastic but not at all healthy kopi panas - kau (coffee hot - strong) with its' inch of condensed milk sweetener in the bottom to be stirred. The bloody stuff is addictive and bad for the teeth and the waist-line. It's also great on a hot day with ice, sucked up through a straw. It has been one of my long standing simple pleasures.

Anyway, I think I got carried away and off track here. It's so very nice to come back again after a lengthy absence and meet with you both again. I have derived a great deal of value and information from this group over the years. For this I am grateful. Just gave to figure out how to use it.

Ciao
Peter.

Round the world Bruce[_3_] Cruising 54 October 23rd 12 02:43 PM
7 y/o to attempt world's youngest round-the-world sailing record Frank D'Arcy General 1 June 19th 10 08:32 PM
shot heard round the world Jim General 12 January 19th 10 05:39 PM
half-way round the world in a kayak Michael Zefas Touring 9 February 12th 04 11:50 PM
round the world yaucht race JOHN THOMSON UK Paddle 0 January 11th 04 05:08 PM