Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Spanish Wells

What a nice place this is. People at work = people who can afford nice
houses and nice gardens. The pace is relaxed but everyone seems to have
something to do.

"The Boat" came in today. You beaut, milk, cheese and stuff in Food
Fair tomorrow morning. It was a real hive of activity down there at
unloading, with forklifts going in all directions.

Had my headsail fixed up by the canvas man / sailmaker Mr Underwood.
$68.50 was less than I was expecting but a pleasant surprise.

Our wind generator is working again. Hidden breakers !!! grr. I wish
I'd paid attention when the installer guy was telling me what he'd done.

I went aground on the edge of the sandbank coming in. I was so close to
the channel I could have jumped from the foredeck into deep water but I
was stuck. Oh well, down below, hoist the wifi extender and check the
email for an hour as the tide came up. But we got a lift off by a
thoughtful man with a big-ass skiff. Pulled us around like we were
sitting on an anchor. Our neighbours in the marina went aground on the
same spot a day earlier. As usual, a fishing boat took out the marker
last week and it hasn't been replaced. The dredge (a barge with a
shovel excavator on it) is in the channel now and they've put a large
white buoy on the tip where the marker should be. No damage done.

I love this island idea of golf carts to run around in. I could get
used to it.