Default Spanish Wells

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:29:50 -0400, injipoint
wrote:

On 20/04/2012 9:59 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:52:55 -0400,
wrote:

What a nice place this is. People at work = people who can afford nice
houses and nice gardens. The pace is relaxed but everyone seems to have
something to do.

===

Great spot. By all means get over to Harbour Island one way or
another. We hired a pilot for our first trip but it turns out that
the route on the Explorer charts is very accurate. You could also
wait and follow someone else over. On a calm day with good visibility
it is an easy trip.

I've seen the charts on a Garmin - nice dotted line all the way out.
The charts I have are Navionics and they had me going over the rock on
the way out of Royal Harbor! And into Highbourne. And Norman's.
I don't have a lot of confidence in them here.
The pilot's only $40 and I want to go at 7am to make Little Harbor in
good time as there's some weather coming in.

===

At a minimum you'd like to have the Explorer chart books on paper if
nothing else. They are far and away the best charts for the Bahamas
and not that expensive. You can also get them electronically via
CMAP chart chips.