Default Court Recording Link

I've put Neal's court recording up as a .WAV file. I had to .ZIP it
because the link played it rather than downloaded. There are no links
to it on my pages, so use the one below. It's 8.4 MB

http://www.morelr.com/court-recording.zip

BTW, Neal/Wilbur. When I installed the player software on the CD I
noticed it had "... can Export to" on the screen. Sure enough, it will
export to several audio formats, audio CD and even a PDF file that
will play it.

"Rick Morel" wrote in message
I've put Neal's court recording up as a .WAV file. I had to .ZIP it
because the link played it rather than downloaded. There are no links
to it on my pages, so use the one below. It's 8.4 MB

http://www.morelr.com/court-recording.zip

BTW, Neal/Wilbur. When I installed the player software on the CD I
noticed it had "... can Export to" on the screen. Sure enough, it will
export to several audio formats, audio CD and even a PDF file that
will play it.

Thanks, I guess I need to explore the player a little more . . .

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:48:38 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:41:32 -0600, Rick Morel
wrote:

I've put Neal's court recording up as a .WAV file. I had to .ZIP it
because the link played it rather than downloaded. There are no links
to it on my pages, so use the one below. It's 8.4 MB

http://www.morelr.com/court-recording.zip

BTW, Neal/Wilbur. When I installed the player software on the CD I
noticed it had "... can Export to" on the screen. Sure enough, it will
export to several audio formats, audio CD and even a PDF file that
will play it.

Bad wav file...................

===

Yes. Can you export to MP3?

wrote:

I've put Neal's court recording up as a .WAV file. I had to .ZIP it
because the link played it rather than downloaded. There are no links
to it on my pages, so use the one below. It's 8.4 MB

http://www.morelr.com/court-recording.zip

BTW, Neal/Wilbur. When I installed the player software on the CD I
noticed it had "... can Export to" on the screen. Sure enough, it will
export to several audio formats, audio CD and even a PDF file that
will play it.

Bad wav file...................

===

Yes. Can you export to MP3?

I just downloaded it and it plays fine. Sounds the same as the
original with the digital court player. What error do y'all get?

I can convert to MP3, but it grows to about 40 MB.

Let me know.

Rick

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:47:08 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

Play the wav in a wav player. You pick, it won't play.

It's not a true wav file.

Did you extract the wav from the zip file, or try to play the zip?

I mean no disrepect by the above. I just downloaded the zip again and
extracgted. It shows as a "Wave File" and plays fine in Windows Media
Player and Nero Wave Editor.

I'm converting to mp3 now and will post a link when I get it up.

Rick

Here's the MP3 version. It came out to 11.1 MB. Again in a ZIP file.

http://www.morelr.com/recordingmp3.zip

I can put the original CD up with the player. It's about 40 MB.

Rick

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:22:41 -0600, Rick Morel
wrote:

Here's the MP3 version. It came out to 11.1 MB. Again in a ZIP file.

http://www.morelr.com/recordingmp3.zip

I can put the original CD up with the player. It's about 40 MB.

Rick

===

That one (the MP3) is fine.

Thank you Rick and thank you Wilbur.

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:38:01 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

I know you mean no disrespect. court-recording.zip extracts to a .wav
extension and shows as "unsupported file format" when trying to play
it in a couple of players I know to be good.

===

And that is also what I experienced for whatever reason. Perhaps Rick
is using a different WAV player or possibly something went amiss in
the ZIP or upload process.

On a different topic, I thought that the transcript of Wilbur's court
hearing did a good job of pointing out the absurd situation that
boaters find themselves in when trying to comply with the law.

Someone, either Wilbur or a previous owner, spent significant money to
install a Type I MSD in an attempt to comply with the laws in effect
at that time. A Type I MSD in proper working order produces a
discharge equal to or better than a shore based municipal treatment
plant. That was all well and good until some later time when certain
individuals in government decided that no discharge at all would be
even better. Of course that totally defies logic when you consider
the relative proportion of municipal discharge versus boater
discharge. It also ignores the reality that most municipal treatment
plants are rourinely overwhelmed by storm drain runoff during heavy
rains, resulting in the discharge of millions of gallons of totally
untreated waste. The bottom line is that boaters have very little
political voice compared to municipalities. Boaters are presumed to
be wealthy and idle, and therefore fair game in the regulatory world
where bureaucrats most constantly enact new regulations to justify
their existence.

Collectively we all need to do a better job of staying in touch with
our elected representatives and making our voices heard. We also need
to cut back funding to those branches of government who are acting
irrationally, irresponsibly and contrary to our best interests

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:42:47 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

and we need to not have our turds floating ashore in a protected marine
sanctuary.

===

Turds do not float ashore when procesed by a Type I MSD. They are
ground up into tiny particulates and then treated with chlorine to
destroy any pathogens, also removing odor and discoloration.

Why is that an issue?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:07:08 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:58:38 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:42:47 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

and we need to not have our turds floating ashore in a protected marine
sanctuary.

===

Turds do not float ashore when procesed by a Type I MSD. They are
ground up into tiny particulates and then treated with chlorine to
destroy any pathogens, also removing odor and discoloration.

Why is that an issue?

Uhhhh, he doesn't use it. It's locked, remember?

Actually it is (was) broken.

Do you really think Neal is going to schlep chlorine to his boat in
order to have a clean discharge?

===

A Type I MSD produces its' own chlorine, no schlepping required.

His MSD was locked in order to be in compliance with the crazy laws.

This issue however is much bigger than what Wilbur does or does not
do.

Court recording CDs went out this morning via first class mail. Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 2 January 20th 12 03:08 PM
PA Supreme Court Judge? jps General 10 October 22nd 09 06:33 AM
The best recording ever... John[_6_] General 33 December 12th 08 02:47 AM
>> The New York Court, The Baghdad Court, The International Criminal Court in the Netherlands << [email protected] ASA 0 May 14th 04 11:46 PM
Manatees in court Capt Frank Hopkins General 73 March 8th 04 05:34 AM