Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default I feel sorry for the people who bought radar for their cruising boats.

For the most part they wasted their money.

Why do I say this? It's because most of the so-called cruisers don't do
much in the way of cruising. To wit: Capt. Skippy who has been on the
hard for close to 9 months now and the little time he did spend cruising
he was rarely out of range of wi-fi and the Internet where he could pull
up radar images from powerful ground-based radar to inform him of storms
closing in. Why, I can pull up radar images from the Miami radar and see
storms approaching from miles away on my iPod.

Skippy, like most of todays so-called sailors ,doesn't need radar aboard
any more than they need sails as little as they use either. All they
really need is a diesel engine and Internet access. About 99% of the
time they have both. That's all they really need to stay happy. That and
plenty of spliff or rum.

LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Why do people buy cruising catamarans ? [email protected] Cruising 122 July 22nd 18 03:05 PM
If you like all the new people in rec.boats.... hk General 91 June 9th 10 12:55 AM
people abandoning boats wf3h General 21 April 5th 09 07:34 AM
Is this how people feel? Frogwatch[_2_] General 12 January 14th 09 02:59 PM
Understanding Cruising (from rec.boats.cruising) Capt. Neal® ASA 5 April 8th 05 07:19 PM