On May 4, 8:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message

m...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-2IVEhs8k
--
Richard Lamb

Nice.

Very pretty

This Friday (yesterday) was a completely different story.

Wind was SSW at 20 to 25, gusting big!
It had been blowing like that for a couple of days and had
built up a noticeable chop.

Sailing under reefed main alone, the pitching and rolling
were physically demanding. This for nearly 6 hours!

Saturday I felt like I had gone a few rounds with the champ.

Muscles in my legs and arms cramped and sore.
Hands too. Fingers swollen.
Lower back muscles a bit tender, and tummy noticeably flatter(!)

Heck of a way for an old man to have fun...

--

Richard Lamb

Default Just sailing...

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Frogwatch wrote:
On May 4, 8:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message

m...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-2IVEhs8k
--
Richard Lamb
Nice.

Very pretty

This Friday (yesterday) was a completely different story.

Wind was SSW at 20 to 25, gusting big!
It had been blowing like that for a couple of days and had
built up a noticeable chop.

Sailing under reefed main alone, the pitching and rolling
were physically demanding. This for nearly 6 hours!

Saturday I felt like I had gone a few rounds with the champ.

Muscles in my legs and arms cramped and sore.
Hands too. Fingers swollen.
Lower back muscles a bit tender, and tummy noticeably flatter(!)

Heck of a way for an old man to have fun...

--

Richard Lamb

Yeah, but it's a "good" tired.

Capt. JG wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Frogwatch wrote:
On May 4, 8:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah. Providing I have a day to recover.

--

Richard Lamb

Bob Bob is offline

On May 8, 6:38*pm, cavelamb wrote:

Muscles in my legs and arms cramped and sore.

Are you taking a heart med or diuretic?

Hands too. Fingers swollen.

A cuple hours before drink 2L of water and eating 2 banananas before
and the same during sailing next time
Forget about eating pizza and drinking beer (sodium + ETOH = sausage
fingers). youll swell up like a swarm of killer bees raped you.

Lower back muscles a bit tender, and tummy noticeably flatter(!)

Ibuprophin 800mg 4x per day = 3200 mg. Jsut whatthe ortho doc ordered
for a theraputic dose. Oh, pre med a week befor and two weeks after
activity to get inflamation reducing effects. Ya just cant take a few
after the fact and get the antiinflamitory effects.

Heck of a way for an old man to have fun...

So how old are you????????? are you talking 70 !

Good for you getting on the water !
Bob