Bob Bob is offline

Default Watertank Slime

On Apr 16, 2:32*pm, silverdragon wrote:
Hey my wife and I purchased a Columbia 29 Mk II and there is some
green slime on the walls of the aluminum water tank under the V-Berth
I was wondering what the best way to disinfect and clean it out.

Is there some sort of cleaner or bleach water mixture that we can put
in the tank to kill what ever is growing down there?

Any chemists here?????
Al + Cl = _________

Do yourself a favor. Toss the aluminum tanks and replace with 316L.
ANd DONT "shock treat" your alumunium tank with clorine bleach.
Thats to short of it.
Robin Rexroth
Dell tech Support
Provo, UT

Bob wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:32 pm, silverdragon wrote:
Hey my wife and I purchased a Columbia 29 Mk II and there is some
green slime on the walls of the aluminum water tank under the V-Berth
I was wondering what the best way to disinfect and clean it out.

Is there some sort of cleaner or bleach water mixture that we can put
in the tank to kill what ever is growing down there?

Any chemists here?????
Al + Cl = _________

Do yourself a favor. Toss the aluminum tanks and replace with 316L.
ANd DONT "shock treat" your alumunium tank with clorine bleach.

Do yourself a much bigger favor. With used boats, if ever you can, by
hook or crook, muster up all your wisdom, all your courage, and don't
ever turn a tiny, inexpensive job into a giant, expensive job unless you
have a very good reason. There will be more than enough of those to go
around. So unless Bob here give us a very good reason not to use the
well accepted bleach method, ignore him.

Stephen
mmc mmc is offline

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
[...]

Peggy Hall says 1 cup per 10 gallons. Works for me.
http://www.searoom.com/fresh_water.htm

Sloggin thru the slime Frogwatch General 2 September 8th 09 03:51 PM
Slime, slime, slime hk General 7 August 21st 08 01:23 PM
Best cleaner for river slime sherwindu General 172 November 2nd 07 07:31 AM
Fender slime/goo Almus Kenter General 4 October 15th 03 03:09 PM
getting rid of hull slime? NOYB General 1 July 21st 03 01:32 AM