Default Sloggin thru the slime

GAWD, what a tough day canoe/kayak trip. I was s'posed to be easy but
the drought for the past 8 yrs or so had caused normally very shallow
Spring Lake to be filled withe weeds so we had to get out and walk the
boats thru gator and snake infested growth. Occasionally rewarded
with a clear spring. A beautiful place but very tough dragging the
boats. My new water shoes got a work out. There are a lot of springs
and "swallers" (places where the water goes down). Yo uhad to try not
to get up near the edge cuz the bushes were filled with wasp nests.
Most of he group were fellow cavers but a non-caver kayaker after
hours of this said after mucking thru a tiny passage between trees and
weeds, 'Remind me never to go kayaking with cavers again, y'all think
this is a ****in river".
I am tired.

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:20:04 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

GAWD, what a tough day canoe/kayak trip. I was s'posed to be easy but
the drought for the past 8 yrs or so had caused normally very shallow
Spring Lake to be filled withe weeds so we had to get out and walk the
boats thru gator and snake infested growth. Occasionally rewarded
with a clear spring. A beautiful place but very tough dragging the
boats. My new water shoes got a work out. There are a lot of springs
and "swallers" (places where the water goes down). Yo uhad to try not
to get up near the edge cuz the bushes were filled with wasp nests.
Most of he group were fellow cavers but a non-caver kayaker after
hours of this said after mucking thru a tiny passage between trees and
weeds, 'Remind me never to go kayaking with cavers again, y'all think
this is a ****in river".
I am tired.

Charlie? Charlie Allnut?

wrote:
GAWD, what a tough day canoe/kayak trip. *I was s'posed to be easy but
the drought for the past 8 yrs or so had caused normally very shallow
Spring Lake to be filled withe weeds so we had to get out and walk the
boats thru gator and snake infested growth. *Occasionally rewarded
with a clear spring. *A beautiful place but very tough dragging the
boats. *My new water shoes got a work out. *There are a lot of springs
and "swallers" (places where the water goes down). *Yo uhad to try not
to get up near the edge cuz the bushes were filled with wasp nests.
Most of he group were fellow cavers but a non-caver kayaker after
hours of this said after mucking thru a tiny passage between trees and
weeds, 'Remind me never to go kayaking with cavers again, y'all think
this is a ****in river".
I am tired.

Charlie? *Charlie Allnut?

In spite of being difficult, it was worthwhile getting to these
springs with water so clear we did not need swim masks, just polaroid
sunglasses and you can see all the way down to deep fissures with eel
grass and all sorts of fish. Gadsden Spring was shady and very deep
with rock shelves atop another and so deep the light eventually fades
to deep blue. Trees have fallen in over the years and their trunks
point toward the depths far under us.
The springs are a resurgence of nearby Dry Creek whose headwaters
contain a number of dry caves we have explored. The clear water flows
very rapidly into "Swaller Holes" where it goes down with a slight
swirling of duckweed. I am not sure where it comes back up but it is
probably thru some of the springs on the nearby Chipola River.

Obama speaks to the low life slime of the world. Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. General 9 September 2nd 08 01:29 PM
Slime, slime, slime hk General 7 August 21st 08 01:23 PM
Best cleaner for river slime sherwindu General 172 November 2nd 07 07:31 AM
Fender slime/goo Almus Kenter General 4 October 15th 03 03:09 PM
getting rid of hull slime? NOYB General 1 July 21st 03 01:32 AM