Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Sloggin thru the slime

GAWD, what a tough day canoe/kayak trip. I was s'posed to be easy but
the drought for the past 8 yrs or so had caused normally very shallow
Spring Lake to be filled withe weeds so we had to get out and walk the
boats thru gator and snake infested growth. Occasionally rewarded
with a clear spring. A beautiful place but very tough dragging the
boats. My new water shoes got a work out. There are a lot of springs
and "swallers" (places where the water goes down). Yo uhad to try not
to get up near the edge cuz the bushes were filled with wasp nests.
Most of he group were fellow cavers but a non-caver kayaker after
hours of this said after mucking thru a tiny passage between trees and
weeds, 'Remind me never to go kayaking with cavers again, y'all think
this is a ****in river".
I am tired.