Default 7 Draft

I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?

On Mar 24, 3:28*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
I hope it is great....my draft is 2.2 meters. Please keep me posted. Did you find a friendly deal at the Marina?
Steve

"Martin" wrote in ...
I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. *I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. *Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, we signed up at Constitution. We're passing on the 7', it limits
things.

"Martin" wrote in message
I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?

Stupid idea. The wrong tool for the job.

Wilbur Hubbard

On 3/24/2010 1:56 PM, Martin wrote:
I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?

You won't be able to access most of the Inland Waterway. You'll also be
resricted from many inlets. I'd say 5.5' the max for east coastal cruising.

Despite all the naysayers, we have a 7' draft, and have not found ourselves
constrained in the two trips we made up and down the east coast, along with
trips on the ICW.

And, just today, we had to go over a half mile to HOPE we could actually BE
aground at low tide, so I wouldn't have to swim so hard while I'm scrubbing
the bottom...

Go for it. People will touch regardless of draft. Dinghies make short work
of really shallow exploration...

L8R

Skip and crew

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)
"Martin" wrote in message
I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?

Bob Bob is offline

On Mar 24, 11:56*am, Martin wrote:
I'm looking at making an offer on a boat that has a 7' draft. *I'm
going to have it slipped in Boston at Constitution Marina. *Does
anyone have any thoughts on coastal cruising with on a boat with this
deep of a draft?

No body knows where youre going....... so go get a chart (map with
water thingys) and look at the depths.

Fourchon, LA has a ton of boats with drafts ranging from 8'-24'
which is a really meaning statment because i dont know if you are ever
going there.

If you sail like skip it will be a great way to detemin the depth of
charted sholls, beaches, and reeefs with out using a leadline or
sounder.
boB

I don't agree with the draft but... Charles Momsen ASA 0 October 13th 08 06:23 PM
Does anyone draft during races? ace General 8 August 30th 06 09:52 PM
Depth vs draft Gary General 9 August 19th 04 03:11 AM
Draft Calculations christos Boat Building 1 December 2nd 03 10:15 PM
A New Boat Soon!(too much draft) Bobsprit ASA 0 August 12th 03 05:45 PM