You You is offline

Default Dr. Diesel, Foley Engines, and me...

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:44:31 -0800, You wrote:

Had you been a little bit more Diesel Savy, you would have known that
all myou really needed to do was go grab Momma's Hair Dryer, and blow
HOT Air down the Engine Intake Manifold, and that engine would have
started on the first Compression Cycle of each Cyl. No need for any of
the rest of the Story except you could have driven anywhere you wanted,
as long as you didn;t let the engine cool off....

Ten Thousand Truckers can't be wrong.... and you thought that they kept
those things in the Cab to blow Dry their Hair, Right?

Sounds really logical..... until you begin to wonder why all those
dumb-asses that manufacture the engines take the trouble to install
glow-plugs, doesn't it?

Another question that rears its ugly head is "where do you plug in
your hair-dryer?"

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

at any Convenience Outlet available... it is not the OP was out in the
middle of nowhere when it happened.... they stated they were on an AF
Base, and there are millions of outlets on AF Bases.... or Motels, and
certainly at every TruckStop, in the World.... duh....

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:30:11 -0800, You wrote:

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

[...]

The car was in the parking lot of the AF Inn, and there were no
outlets near where it was (our room was on the second floor).
Otherwise we would have plugged in the block heater (this was in
January and it was really cold) They wouldn't let my son on the base
to bring us an extension cord or anything like that and Bob was too
sick to walk to the gate.