Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Compass reading wrong?

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 04:04:50 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce wrote in
:

My annual vehicle tax, for my pickup and my wife's Honda, is in the
neighborhood of 2,500 Thai baht, or about US$ 78, a year. The
mandatory insurance is about TB 2,000 for the two cars.

I bet I could live quite comfortably on my $US928 Social Security pension
check in the country in Thailand.....

You could. It is about 30,000 baht. If you rented the usual one room
Thai "apartment" it will cost you about 3,000 baht a month. Food, if
you eat Thai food then probably 3 - 5$ a day.

For a collage grad starting at the bank, or company, this would be
higher then usual wages.

However... a Honda Jazz (I think that is a "Fit" in the US) costs
about $20,000 and as a foreigner you would not be able to get a loan.
A Honda "auto transmission" motorcycle is about $1100, but the bus,
subway and "sky train" is cheap.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

The 'reading of the dead' H the K[_4_] General 46 November 10th 09 05:44 PM
required reading Jim General 9 October 12th 09 07:38 PM
Worth reading Eisboch General 14 November 17th 08 02:52 AM
You Know You've Been Reading RBC Too Much When ... David TG Cruising 4 November 9th 07 05:03 AM
More reading Matt Colie ASA 0 December 31st 04 07:55 PM