Larry Larry is offline

Default Compass reading wrong?

Bruce wrote in
:

I see that you are selling the old Merci.... bought a new one with
your ill gotten gains?

No, I'm shedding my excess vehicles. There's no reason for one man to
own 4 tax/insurance loads. I'm also considering unloading my customized
stepvan that's setup to be a combo office/electronics shop, powered and
air conditioned. Every time the insurance bill comes in, it seems less
convenient to own....

South Carolina has a real punative "personal property tax" on
boats/cars/trucks/planes/anything they can identify with a title. It
costs the state a fortune just in boats that won't ever be registered
here because of the tax loadings. I want a cute little Smart ForTwo
car, but am not willing to pay $1000/year in PP taxes just to own one.
It's certainly no way to save money from the mileage. Tax on an old car
is $12, so owning and repairing the old cars is much more sensible.

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry