Bob Bob is offline

Default GIANT MONSTER waves

I looked at the other compelling videos JoeS Butcher posted on
youtoub.

The one that really gave me a laugh was the one Joe titled, GIANT
MONSTER WAVES !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeSButc.../1/EomTf3hczco

Dear joe if those are an example what you call giant or monster waves
please stay in port with Bruce, Willbur et al.

From where I come from those conditions are considered, snotty and
uncomfortable but certainly not M O N S T E R........ But being from
the oil patch i guess its all relative. I think its time you took a
god look around and see what other people are doing........ I think
you might just learn somthing.

Good luck,
Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
I looked at the other compelling videos JoeS Butcher posted on
youtoub.

The one that really gave me a laugh was the one Joe titled, GIANT
MONSTER WAVES !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeSButc.../1/EomTf3hczco

Bwahahahahhahahahahh! I thought that one was a riot, too. It's as if he were
being facetious or something but he was dead serious. He clearly has never
experienced a real 25 foot sea on a small sailing yacht. I have, and they
are NOTHING like the 'chop' in that video. I've sailed in the Gulf Steam
many a time during small craft advisories during cold front passages just to
see what it was all about. I've sailed such big seas out there that
close-by, large bulk carriers were completely lost from view behind 25-30
foot seas which were heaped up because of the north set of the Stream. No
picnic but doable. Certainly nothing to abandon ship about.

Dear joe if those are an example what you call giant or monster waves
please stay in port with Bruce, Willbur et al.

Hey, that's uncalled for comparing Joe's fraidy-cat ineptitude with my
sailing skills. I've sailed more ocean miles than Joe and have taken little
ole fifteen foot, cold front generated seas in stride. No one ever saw me
claiming 10-15 footers were 25-footers. No one ever heard a call from me on
the VHF crying like a baby and requesting a helicopter rescue.

From where I come from those conditions are considered, snotty and
uncomfortable but certainly not M O N S T E R........ But being from
the oil patch i guess its all relative. I think its time you took a
god look around and see what other people are doing........ I think
you might just learn somthing.

Good luck,
Bob

Joe needs to get his eyes checked and he needs to understand that viewing a
10-15 foot sea from his pilot house when the bow is facing the trough gives
a very misleading estimate of wave height. The senses end up giving one a
false horizontal where the size of the wave becomes exaggerated by a factor
of two. But, every actual seaman knows this. This is why I say that Joe is
no seaman.

Wilbur Hubbard

Bob Bob is offline

Hey, that's uncalled for comparing Joe's fraidy-cat ineptitude with my
sailing skills.
Wilbur Hubbard

My greatest apologies my able sailor. I spoke with out due
consideration.
Bob

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 09:32:21 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

I looked at the other compelling videos JoeS Butcher posted on
youtoub.

The one that really gave me a laugh was the one Joe titled, GIANT
MONSTER WAVES !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeSButc.../1/EomTf3hczco

Dear joe if those are an example what you call giant or monster waves
please stay in port with Bruce, Willbur et al.

From where I come from those conditions are considered, snotty and
uncomfortable but certainly not M O N S T E R........ But being from
the oil patch i guess its all relative. I think its time you took a
god look around and see what other people are doing........ I think
you might just learn somthing.

Good luck,
Bob

And here I thought your off shore rigs pulled off the hole for bad
weather. At least the loss of life on that rig that capsized off China
a few years ago was blamed, in oil patch publications, on the Operator
not pulling off.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 3, 11:53*am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message

I looked at the other compelling videos JoeS Butcher posted on
youtoub.

The one that really gave me a laugh was the one Joe titled, *GIANT
MONSTER WAVES !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeSButc.../1/EomTf3hczco

Bwahahahahhahahahahh! I thought that one was a riot, too. It's as if he were
being facetious or something but he was dead serious. He clearly has never
experienced a real 25 foot sea on a small sailing yacht. I have, and they
are NOTHING like the 'chop' in that video.

You have not sailed anywhere but a back woods mangrove swamp at best.

Here is 11 ft seas Nellie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2AGQZtsvM

The title "Giant Monster Waves" was used to attract non sailors like
you and bOb who need to live vicariously thru real sailors. Much like
you now worship and follow little Jessica.

I know it's hard for lubbers like you and your puppets to understand,
take a look at this vid, running 30 ft but don't look like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_8hOai9hGQ

Joe

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 4, 8:55*am, wrote:

wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message

I looked at the other compelling videos JoeS Butcher posted on
youtoub.

The one that really gave me a laugh was the one Joe titled, *GIANT
MONSTER WAVES !

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeSButc.../1/EomTf3hczco

Bwahahahahhahahahahh! I thought that one was a riot, too. It's as if he were
being facetious or something but he was dead serious. He clearly has never
experienced a real 25 foot sea on a small sailing yacht. I have, and they
are NOTHING like the 'chop' in that video.

You have not sailed anywhere but a back woods mangrove swamp at best.

Here is 11 ft seas Nellie:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2AGQZtsvM

Wouldn't 11 foot seas be somewhat higher than the cabin top?- Hide quoted text -

Yes,

We had 11 fters for 4-5 days out of the NE. Again it's hard to
determine wave height from video's but thats what they were. They were
spaced a good 100 ft, it's not like they were splashing over the
wheelhouse, more like a slow rise and fall, a nice ride infact.

Joe

wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message

[...]

I think I understand your plight in that you constantly overestimate wave
size.

It's because all your adult life you've been telling Terry this:

----------------------- is six inches.

Bwahahhahahahahahhahaha.

Wilbur Hubbard

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

Yes,

We had 11 fters for 4-5 days out of the NE. Again it's hard to
determine wave height from video's but thats what they were. They were
spaced a good 100 ft, it's not like they were splashing over the
wheelhouse, more like a slow rise and fall, a nice ride infact.

Joe

Joe,

I think I understand your plight in that you constantly overestimate wave
size.

It's because all your adult life you've been telling Terry this:

----------------------- is six inches.

Bwahahhahahahahahhahaha.

Wilbur Hubbard

Those aren't waves, more like just a bit of "chop"... If you want to see
REAL Waves, come on up to the North Pacific, during Crab Season, in the
winter.... them is REAL WAVES... they Start at 20 ft and go on up to 40
- 60 Ft, and start with 50 Kt breezes and on up to 120 Kt Gales....
You know your in one when the Snow is blowing UP, and the Engine Governor
is trying to keep up with the Prop, coming out of the water, as each
wave passes.... You fair weather mariners are a hoot to read......

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 5, 3:04*pm, Bruce in alaska wrote:
In article s.com,
*"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

add path after fast to reply- Hide quoted text -

Hey Bruce,

My brother spent alot of time out of Dutch harbor on the Sherman
WHEC-720.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKK5gerz9OA they would head that way
every crab season. We are both pretty good at measuring waves.

Lots of hammering ice, and lousy weather..You know there are better
places to sail right?

We all know the only wave Nilbur ever saw was splashing around in a
crusty cedar bucket. Do you have any video of a boat you were on, or
do you just watch the Deadlest Catch like bOb and pretend ? ;0)

Joe
Bob Bob is offline

*"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

Joe- Hide quoted text -

JOE:

SO WHAT YOURE SAYING JOE IS U NEVER BEEN THERE OR SEEN THAT KINDA
END OF YOUR STORY.
Bob

PS What the GOMcalls a huricane the PNW/GOA calls monday -tuesday-
wednesday.......

Predicting monster waves Ralph Waldo Emerson ASA 1 May 21st 06 07:47 AM
In 2006, giant freak waves will sink ships !!! Todd Airsushi Cruising 2 December 27th 05 09:15 PM
Oh Great! "Giant Waves" [email protected] Cruising 1 August 6th 05 11:59 PM
Giant wave Gogarty Cruising 14 April 19th 05 06:38 PM
Monster waves Rick ASA 58 December 6th 03 01:20 AM