Default Rudders and Bilges (WAS) Uniden 525 VHF and general question

Flying Pig wrote:

Nice try on the slam, though :{))

About to climb on a plane tomorrow at ohdarkthirty, and all but the
injectors are removed and ready to pack. Off to defrost the freezer...

L8R

Skip

Skip,

You collect the whacks no doubt. But I will say this - and you've
heard it more than once - YOU are living the sailor's dream, and
everyone else is only talking a good story....

Fair breezes

Brian W
Bob Bob is offline

On Dec 16, 9:50*am, "Flying Pig" wrote:
Hi, Bob, and list,

wires in your bilge??????

Cuz that's how it gets where it needs to go. *

WTF ? ? ? ? ? ?

ugggggg.

You didn't read the rest of
it, natch, cuz it didn't suit your bashing. *Some folks think of bilge as
the very bottom of the boat. *I didn't - if I'm incorrect, my bad. *Tell me
what else to call it...

what ar eyou talking about skip?

Bilge..... I think of it as bull****. as in "Skip, your comments are
bilge."

Bob

Flying Pig wrote:
/snip/
The problem is that the post itself is corroded/pitted. That not only lets
water through, but wears on the packing.

/snip/

Skip

There ARE people who would send off for a sheet of stainless feeler
stock, and cut a rectangle to wrap the rudder post with the smallest
possible weeper gap in the seal section, and having filled the sealing
area pits with loaded epoxy, would glue the wrapper round it.

Of course, *I* would never do any jury-rig like that!

Brian w

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:48:43 -0600, brian whatcott
wrote:

There ARE people who would send off for a sheet of stainless feeler
stock, and cut a rectangle to wrap the rudder post with the smallest
possible weeper gap in the seal section, and having filled the sealing
area pits with loaded epoxy, would glue the wrapper round it.

On my old Cal-34 I used to wrap the rudder post with a layer or two of
heavy duty mylar sheet, goop it all up with water pump grease and
reinstall. It was usually good for a couple of years.

A general question [email protected] General 21 September 4th 08 08:05 PM
A general question [email protected] General 0 September 4th 08 12:32 AM
Uniden `Santana' VHF-Marine Question Cruising 7 June 11th 06 03:42 PM
vhf uniden um825 Al Electronics 0 May 16th 05 07:15 PM
Uniden VHF Bobsprit ASA 4 May 29th 04 05:13 PM