Joe Joe is offline

Default NAVY 44's

3 for auction
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/

Could be a nice find in Annapolis.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:24:12 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

3 for auction
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/

Could be a nice find in Annapolis.

High bid so far is $23,600. I've raced against these boats a number
of times and they are well maintained. That's a heck of a good price
for a race equipped blue water boat. Only a few days left.

Joe Joe is offline

wrote:
3 for auction
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/

Could be a nice find in Annapolis.

High bid so far is $23,600. * I've raced against these boats a number
of times and they are well maintained. * That's a heck of a good price
for a race equipped blue water boat. *Only a few days left.

It will be interesting to see what they sell for.

Other govt surplus boats have been down, the 50ft utility boats are
way down in price.

So...when you raced against the Navy did they kick your ass?

I wonder what the 44's have been replaced with, any ideal?

Joe

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:22:22 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

So...when you raced against the Navy did they kick your ass?

I wonder what the 44's have been replaced with, any ideal?

Not sure what the replacement boats are but I could find out. We know
the fellow who is the contact person for the auction boats, been on
our boat at the Key West regatta a number of times.

The USNA 44s were not usually at the top of the fleet standings in big
boat competition like the Newport-Bermuda race, which is where I
usually saw them back in the 90s. The navy views them as a training
and team/leadership building program as opposed to being a top notch
racing effort which is a much more expensive proposition.

In the Navy! Charles Momsen ASA 14 October 30th 08 11:29 PM
Go Navy! Capt. JG ASA 16 February 23rd 08 07:29 AM
In the Navy... Short Wave Sportfishing General 9 July 12th 07 12:42 AM
Go Navy SUZY ASA 0 May 5th 06 01:39 AM
The New Navy = $$$ WalterScottGray General 15 November 17th 03 02:19 PM