Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default NAVY 44's

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:22:22 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

So...when you raced against the Navy did they kick your ass?

I wonder what the 44's have been replaced with, any ideal?

Not sure what the replacement boats are but I could find out. We know
the fellow who is the contact person for the auction boats, been on
our boat at the Key West regatta a number of times.

The USNA 44s were not usually at the top of the fleet standings in big
boat competition like the Newport-Bermuda race, which is where I
usually saw them back in the 90s. The navy views them as a training
and team/leadership building program as opposed to being a top notch
racing effort which is a much more expensive proposition.