Default Raymarine Pathfinder RL70CRC color radar display/chartplotter and chips+9.5" pedestal Navpod $695

Raymarine Pathfinder RL70CRC color radar display/chartplotter and chips+9.5"
pedestal Navpod $695

Hi, All,

Well, the time has come for us to upgrade. Our advancing ages has made it
difficult for us to see the chartplotter we've come to be totally spoiled
with, so we're getting a bigger display.

If you're interested in this as a package, only, please, write me directly
at , as I may not have access to this for any
followups which may occur.

This is an early series (not HSB2) color radar display and chartplotter,
which reads the later radars but not the digital radars, and includes the
sun cover and power cord (the radar cord does all the data transport for the
radar, and the power cord does NMEA transport for other instruments) - the
Radar cord is NOT included - but if you bought a radar unit, it would have
one, and if you already have one, it may be compatible with the RL70CRC. I
may (don't recall, cuz it's hidden inside the navpod) also have a Seatalk
and/or HSB plug which, if I do, I'll come back with an update, and include.
Also included is a "hsb2 version" manual for a "PLUS" unit, alike other than
the larger memory of the PLUS series, and the "quick start" cards for both
radar and chartplotter. We upgraded to the most current radar (RD218) in
2007 when we did the installation of this unit., putting our then-installed
radar tx and display and NavPod on eBay. We have it integrated to our GPS,
autopilot, speed log, and our nav-desk computer navigation programs. Its
two chart chip slots allow seamless integration from one chip coverage to
the next as you move along, allowing you to plan and make waypoints while
you're still in another chart coverage area's chip. I'm looking for a
reference point to give you to see what the RL70CRC looks and performs like
if you're not familiar with the unit. Reading it, I believe that
http://tinyurl.com/RL70Manual may be the same other than this particular
manual is for the monchrome version; I'll keep looking for the color
version, and will come back in a followup on this as well if I find one.

This is contained in a NavPod for a 9.5" pedestal guard, NavPod PN RP151, to
the best of my ability to decipher the catalog. There's room for another
instrument or two on it; currently the blank space has a hole for the wiring
for my WHAM mike, and its two screws for the holder. The Navpod was
something over $200; the new one will be more like $400 :{/) You can see a
view of this Navpod unit with an RL70, plus another instrument, installed in
the pod at http://tinyurl.com/RL70Navpod

We also have a dozen C-Map/Jeppesen NT C-Card chart chips covering from
Sandy Hook NJ, ICW and coastal offshore through the Dry Tortugas, and from
FL through the Virgins. They are in approximate order from north to south,
then west to east. Chart name and number are shown; all the numbers are
preceded with NA-B(numbers will be the chart numbers in the NA-B series);
all the 2007, 2008 and 2009 charts are (shown as -7, -8, -9 for shorthand
here), respectively, March, May and May revisions.

424-8 Sandy Hook to Cape May to Trenton
325-8 Shinnicock inlet to Cape May
425-7 Trenton to C&D canal to Nanticoke River
426-7 Chesapeake: Pocomoke River to Norfolk
422-7 Norfolk to Charleston
423-7 Charleston to Jacksonville
527-7 St. Johns River to Lake Worth Inlet
528-7 Lake Worth Inlet to Dry Tortugas
607-9 Bahamas-Lake Worth Inlet/Miami (shows all the likely crossing points
as well as all the Bahamas)
605-9 Great Bahama Bank to Windward Passage
617-9 Hispaniola Island
616-9 Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands

One may inspect all the hundreds of charts included on each of these by
visiting http://chartcatalogue.c-map.no/other...th_america.asp - the
charts are in the East Coast Standard and Wide, and Bahamas sections.
They're typically $99 or $129 when you buy them at retail, but joining Club
C-Map for $89 gets you updates for $79-99, typically, if you exchange
one-for-one in an upgrade, plus a 3-for-2 pricing on new ones.

Raggasnaggagigafratz, these won't work in the plotter we're expecting to
buy, or I'd keep them; it's WAY too much bux to replace them if I didn't
have to!

I could do the eBay route with all this, but would much prefer it went as a
whole to some cruiser who really would like to experience the world of
chartplotter and radar display in one unit. Please note I said as a whole;
unless I do the eBay route, I'll not part it out.

If I have enough interest, I'd keep it all on the boat, so that someone
interested could see it plugged up and working (our upgrade will be a plug
and play; I'd just open our new navpod and plug the cables back into this
after disconnecting our new unit). We're in the Bahamas and expect to be
here for at least a year. Current plans have us returning to Georgetown
after we return from the stateside Christmas surprise Lydia's got worked up
for her grandson, not earlier than ~Feb 1, '10. After a while there, we'll
work our way back up the chain, returning to the Abacos in the spring and
moving slowly south after that

It, of course, is installed and working at the moment, as we very much
depend on it, so I could take screen shots of any chart area and the radar
display, working, for interested parties. Hm. Having said that, I'll try
to get up some pix on my gallery under eBay items (click the link in my sig
line). They're not there now; you'll have to check in a few days, as I'll
get them up as quickly as I can, the other stuff going on here in Marsh
Harbour being somewhat distracting/time consuming. The pictures will be of
not only the Navpod-installed unit, but chart chip (each one will have a
couple, one long range and one or more detailed view, chart shots) and radar
shots in real time, in sunlight.

However, if I don't have VERY concrete interest before we go back,
I'll remove it and piece it out on eBay when we're in the states, as I don't
want to be stuck with trying to figure out what to do with it once we return
to the boat, in the various parts of the third world :{)) Sorry, package
only, as I'd have to deal with eBay and transporting it all when we leave in
a month if it didn't all go together, anyway. That said, if someone buys
(AND pays for) it before we leave, I'll pull it and bring it to the states
if they'd rather pick it up and/or arrange for shipping.

A similar package (navpod, display, cover, and (only) 9 (newest 2002, others
2000) VERY old chips recently sold on eBay for $785 plus shipping -
http://tinyurl.com/RL70package. $695 picked up, or plus shipping, your
choice of carriers.

I'll have to make that removal/eBay decision NLT ~ December 10. Please
write me directly at , as I may not have access to
this for any followups which may occur.

Thanks.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at
www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery !

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)