Default Zarpe for Mexico/Belize

What port(s) should I put into our zarpe for Mexico?

Starting point - Isla Mujeres. Destination - Xcalak .
Other - Puerto Morelos -- ??

Belize-??

Hanz

Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 29, 10:18*am, wrote:
What port(s) *should I put into our zarpe for Mexico?

Starting point - Isla Mujeres. *Destination - Xcalak .
Other - Puerto Morelos * -- ??

Belize-??

Hanz

Greetings Hanz,

Zarpa's are for traveling country to country, not for in country
travel. I suggest you get one from your country as well upon
departure, makes it easier to deal with them. Belize is more picky
about it.

Put in the port you are planning on going to next when you leave
Mexico. You have to be specific, but if you alter course for a storm
ect they can figure it out. Do not go to Belize without one from
Mexico if you stop in Mexico.

For in Mexico travel you will need to go to Cancun and get a cruising
permit. If you are in Isla Mujeres you can catch the ferry and it's
about a 4 block walk to the port captn's office across from the
Mexican Navy base. Ask for a Administracion General De Aduanas Permiso
de importacion temporal de embarcation..And bring green backs they
dont like Peso's. It's good for 10 years. Be prepared to produce a
manifest of all equipment on the boat down to the number of tool
boxes.

Make 25 copies of everything, passports, insurance, registration,
certifice of documentation,..ect..ect..everything.

have fun

Joe

Joe

Belize Hanz[_2_] Cruising 11 June 25th 09 08:45 PM
BE - Belize PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 1 June 8th 08 02:40 AM
BE - Belize PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 1 May 26th 07 02:37 PM
belize Sea Escapade Cruising 6 October 24th 04 06:33 PM
Belize Marty Browne General 0 August 4th 03 11:11 PM