Default Skip and Lydia OK

Their SPOT beacon resumed broadcasting 11 minutes ago and they appear
well on their way to the east. It's very easy to forget to reset
these beacons. You can tell when tracking stops because only one LED
blinks instead of the two in unison. I tell my family and friends not
to panic or call anyone if the tracking stops. Too bad someone called
the Coast Guard.

These units work great but, like any piece of equipment, require good
routine. I send an OK message right after anchoring or tying up.
This assures anyone following me that I actually stopped and the unit
didn't stop transmitting for some reason. It also provides a precise
fix on my anchorage location. I then turn it off for the night to
avoid a whole cluster of useless fixes and restart in the morning.

The times I forget are overnight legs. I've got to make morning
restart part of the night orders for passages.

--
Roger Long
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 29, 8:45*am, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:39:41 -0700 (PDT), Roger Long

wrote:
Too bad someone called
the Coast Guard.

Yeah, I wonder who did that...

Who posted the first message about this? Anyone recall?

My guess it was Neal/Greg/Wilbur...ect..ect..ect.
I bet he ****ed his panties the second Skip's spot beacon stopped
broadcasting.

You know he's the only one who hangs on to Skips every breath hoping
to have a life to talk about. Without Skip and other sailors... Nellie
is nothing.

I heard about Skip here on the radio...he made the news.

Joe

wrote:
Too bad someone called
the Coast Guard.

Yeah, I wonder who did that...

Who posted the first message about this? Anyone recall?

My guess it was Neal/Greg/Wilbur...ect..ect..ect.
I bet he ****ed his panties the second Skip's spot beacon stopped
broadcasting.

You know he's the only one who hangs on to Skips every breath hoping
to have a life to talk about. Without Skip and other sailors... Nellie
is nothing.

I heard about Skip here on the radio...he made the news.

Joe

I think your guess is 100% correct.

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:43:30 -0400, wrote:

My guess it was Neal/Greg/Wilbur...ect..ect..ect.
I bet he ****ed his panties the second Skip's spot beacon stopped
broadcasting.

I think your guess is 100% correct.

Has anyone checked with USCG ?

Worried about Skip & Lydia Bob Cruising 20 March 11th 09 08:29 PM
Skip and Lydia ? Wayne.B Cruising 12 December 13th 07 04:39 AM
Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately Skip Gundlach Cruising 22 November 22nd 07 01:06 AM
Can we nominate Skip and Lydia for this? Ernest Scribbler Cruising 3 February 16th 07 12:39 AM