Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Skip and Lydia OK

Their SPOT beacon resumed broadcasting 11 minutes ago and they appear
well on their way to the east. It's very easy to forget to reset
these beacons. You can tell when tracking stops because only one LED
blinks instead of the two in unison. I tell my family and friends not
to panic or call anyone if the tracking stops. Too bad someone called
the Coast Guard.

These units work great but, like any piece of equipment, require good
routine. I send an OK message right after anchoring or tying up.
This assures anyone following me that I actually stopped and the unit
didn't stop transmitting for some reason. It also provides a precise
fix on my anchorage location. I then turn it off for the night to
avoid a whole cluster of useless fixes and restart in the morning.

The times I forget are overnight legs. I've got to make morning
restart part of the night orders for passages.

--
Roger Long