Default Hard top dodger/bimini

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Lew... do you have a phone number or address for them... can't seem to
find
them.

1-800-245-3053

Lew

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote:

Lew... do you have a phone number or address for them... can't seem to
find
them.

1-800-245-3053

Lew

Thanks!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
ryanonthebeach wrote in
:

Hey all

I'm designing a hard top dodger for my catamaran see

http://www.psychosnail.com/blog/post...mini-hard-Dodg
er .aspx

Was wondering if any of you have experience working with Last-A-Foam
as a core using hand lay up?
Is this a good material for hand layup, any gotchas or
recommendations?

I had my soft dodger converted to a hard dodger by a friend of mine
in FL. He used the original stainless for the soft dodger as the
frame for the hard dodger. This was welded to keep it rigid. The
top and the bottom are
1/8" fiberglass sheets and the interior is honeycomb. The whole
assembly was Awlgripped to match the non-skid. We constantly get
complements on the
construction. However, Erik said that he would never build another
one as it was a royal pain...

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Geoff,

Is this picture of the hard dodger? It looks really nice. My dodger
fabric is just about shot, and I've been thinking about replacing it,
but then I saw your post, and I was thinking this might be a better,
longer-lasting solution. I have a friend who can do the welding. Where
did you get the fiberglass sheets? Do you have any drawings, plans, or
any other pics I might look at (of the construction or just finished
pictures)? This would be a winter project, since I and students prefer
something to hide behind in the summer.

http://www.geoffschultz.org/BlueJack...121_095647.htm

Yes, this is my dodger. I don't know where the fiberglass sheets came
from, but it sounds like you've got some suggestions. I'll be glad to
take some detailed photos of the completed project if you're interested.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

[...]

I would very much! There's no huge rush, as this is going to be a winter
project. I tend to sail a bit less then anyway, and not having a dodger
wouldn't be a hardship then anyway.

Looks like there are a couple of places somewhat local to me that have the
material. I just have to line up the welding, windows for the dodger, etc.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:14:45 -0500, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

Yes, this is my dodger. I don't know where the fiberglass sheets came
from, but it sounds like you've got some suggestions. I'll be glad to
take some detailed photos of the completed project if you're interested.

I'm trying to figure out from the pictures whether or not you went
with "hard" windows or flexible? Are there cutouts for control lines?

wrote:

Yes, this is my dodger. I don't know where the fiberglass sheets came
from, but it sounds like you've got some suggestions. I'll be glad to
take some detailed photos of the completed project if you're interested.

I'm trying to figure out from the pictures whether or not you went
with "hard" windows or flexible? Are there cutouts for control lines?

Excellent questions...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com