ryanonthebeach[_2_] ryanonthebeach[_2_] is offline

Default Hard top dodger/bimini

On Jul 21, 4:00*am, Geoff Schultz wrote:
ryanonthebeach wrote :

Hey all

I'm designing a hard top dodger for my catamaran see

http://www.psychosnail.com/blog/post...ni-hard-Dodger
.aspx

Was wondering if any of you have experience working with Last-A-Foam
as a core using hand lay up?
Is this a good material for hand layup, any gotchas or
recommendations?

I had my soft dodger converted to a hard dodger by a friend of mine in FL.. *
He used the original stainless for the soft dodger as the frame for the
hard dodger. *This was welded to keep it rigid. *The top and the bottom are
1/8" fiberglass sheets and the interior is honeycomb. *The whole assembly
was Awlgripped to match the non-skid. *We constantly get complements on the
construction. *However, Erik said that he would never build another one as
it was a royal pain...

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org

Thanks for the info Geoff

That's an interesting idea using the original frame. I would have
given that serious consideration except that part of the reason I'm
replacing the original is because the supports are all in the wrong
places. Makes it difficult to get in and out. so i would have to do a
number of modifications, plus I'm not sure it'll be strong enough for
the four 120w solar panels.