Joel Vannorsdel Joel Vannorsdel is offline

Default Hard top dodger/bimini

On Jul 20, 1:43*pm, ryanonthebeach wrote:
Hey all

I'm designing a hard top dodger for my catamaran see

http://www.psychosnail.com/blog/post...mini-hard-Dodg...

Was wondering if any of you have experience working with Last-A-Foam
as a core using hand lay up?
Is this a good material for hand layup, any gotchas or
recommendations?

I just built a hard top for my dodger using plywood and fiberglass.
It worked OK, but now I think I would use aluminum and the Orgami
method of bending it. Here is the website http://www.origamimagic.com/
to give you an idea of how it works. What it can do is take the shape
from a curved aluminum brace and bend a sheet of 1/4" or what ever to
the required bend. It used very simple techniques to do this and
simple tools. Just a little welding and you could have a very slick
top. This is what I am planning on doing on my next boat.

Good luck with what ever you choose. I know the fiberglass work I did
on my plywood top was a pain.

Joel

S/V Fat Tuesday