Default Serious ping for Peggie

The instruction sheet for my Jabsco (manual model) head states under
CLEANING "Note: ...do not put diesel, Petrol, Oil Solvents of any kind
in the toilet...
Under OVERHAUL it states "lubricate O Rings with petroleum jelly
(Vaseline)", and the same substance is recommended for lubrication of
the pump cylinder and seals.

Somewhere I have seen instructions for using "white grease" and I
remember Peggie recommending (I believe) a third type of grease.

Peggie, if you are out there some where can you advise the best
lubrication to use?

Or, has anyone had multi year experience with Jabsco heads and what
did you use.

Before anyone suggests it, I have used cooking oil poured into the
head on a frequent schedule and it sort of works but grease works
better.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:33:27 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

The instruction sheet for my Jabsco (manual model) head states under
CLEANING "Note: ...do not put diesel, Petrol, Oil Solvents of any kind
in the toilet...
Under OVERHAUL it states "lubricate O Rings with petroleum jelly
(Vaseline)", and the same substance is recommended for lubrication of
the pump cylinder and seals.

Somewhere I have seen instructions for using "white grease" and I
remember Peggie recommending (I believe) a third type of grease.

Peggie, if you are out there some where can you advise the best
lubrication to use?

Or, has anyone had multi year experience with Jabsco heads and what
did you use.

Before anyone suggests it, I have used cooking oil poured into the
head on a frequent schedule and it sort of works but grease works
better.

Peggie can be reached via EMAIL at:

peggie -dot- hall -at- gmail -dot- com

Gogarty wrote:
In article ,
lid says...
wrote:

[...]

I'm not Peggy, but I have had good luck with silicone grease for O rings
in a variety of applications.

A little goes a long way.

I use Teflon grease for most such applications. Doesn't wash away. We
also use a bit of vegetable oil when the piston gets squeaky.

Teflon grease is what Peggy recommends. I have been using it on my
head's pump on her recommendation. Specifically, the brand I am using is
called Superlube.

Alan Gomes

heard you the second and third time..Ok, ok, I get your point! LOL

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message

Sorry, Brucie-Boi but my dear sister is indisposed now and in the immediate
future.

She got fed up dealing with ignorant ingrates who expected her to be at
their beck and call 24/7.

Now, run along. You bother her (and me).

--
Gregory Hall

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I'll e-mail her.

My confusion comes from the warning not to put petroleum products into
the head and then explicit instructions to use petroleum jelly for
lubricant. Seems to conflict...

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:00:11 -0700, Alan Gomes
wrote:

Gogarty wrote:
In article ,
lid says...
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, just what I was looking for.
(note: your message came through three times)

Ping Peggie Hall Rick Morel Cruising 3 July 17th 08 02:59 PM
Ping Peggie Skip Gundlach Cruising 17 November 18th 07 12:04 PM
Ping Peggie OdorSafePlus Skip Gundlach Cruising 4 February 11th 06 01:20 PM
Ping: Peggie Hall RG General 2 March 20th 04 07:27 PM