Alan Gomes[_2_] Alan Gomes[_2_] is offline

Default Serious ping for Peggie

Gogarty wrote:
In article ,
lid says...
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:33:27 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

The instruction sheet for my Jabsco (manual model) head states under
CLEANING "Note: ...do not put diesel, Petrol, Oil Solvents of any kind
in the toilet...
Under OVERHAUL it states "lubricate O Rings with petroleum jelly
(Vaseline)", and the same substance is recommended for lubrication of
the pump cylinder and seals.

Somewhere I have seen instructions for using "white grease" and I
remember Peggie recommending (I believe) a third type of grease.

Peggie, if you are out there some where can you advise the best
lubrication to use?

Or, has anyone had multi year experience with Jabsco heads and what
did you use.

Before anyone suggests it, I have used cooking oil poured into the
head on a frequent schedule and it sort of works but grease works
better.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I'm not Peggy, but I have had good luck with silicone grease for O rings
in a variety of applications.

A little goes a long way.

I use Teflon grease for most such applications. Doesn't wash away. We
also use a bit of vegetable oil when the piston gets squeaky.

Teflon grease is what Peggy recommends. I have been using it on my
head's pump on her recommendation. Specifically, the brand I am using is
called Superlube.

Alan Gomes