Default Rope boat fender info pls

Pics and DIY illustration of a 'fender knot' .... but this one has
'overhanded grafting' applied to the OD ... if you dont need to be so
fancy, you can stop after you do the 'outside coils' and simply omit
the 'grafting'.

http://picasaweb.google.com/avdsalm1...erTheMakingOf#

On 19 Jun, 03:56, Bob wrote:
Hi All:

So we parted a 2 1/2 inch three strand nylon liine a few days. I
wanted to splice one of those rope boat finders out of it. The boat is
900+ grt/200' so think large scale.................

But nobody know how here. I Did an online search but got no where
fast. Do any of you have a really good , how to tie a knot, website
that includes a couple ways to build a fender?

It would really make my day if yould post a link here.
Thanks
Bob

PS
I learned today that Baracuda dont like BBQ chicken............
Ill try potato salad 2maro

Hey I worked on a Oldschool sailship a few years back where i learned
to make fenders. Non like the ones on the bottom links but smaller
ones for the railing of boats. If you are interested in seeing some
picutres of some i can mail you that.

Markus
Bob Bob is offline

Hey I worked on a Oldschool sailship a few years back where i learned
to make fenders. Non like the ones on the bottom links but smaller
ones for the railing of boats. If you are interested in seeing some
picutres of some i can mail you that.

Markus-

Hello Markus:
Yes, I would be very grate full for a pic or two. The example posted
here were way to detailed for 2 1/2 line. I ended up simpy:
taking a 12' piece of 2.5 " line
putting the two bitter end together
whipping one bitter end
make an eye splice with an eye about 9 inches opening with 11' tail
for spliceing back.

Then when I got to the whipped end of line I just stoped back
splicing.

I tied some 1/2 inch poly to the eye and tossed it over the side using
the poly to adjust the bumbers position on the side of the boat. Works
great, look good, simple to make with big three strand.

Bob

Rope fender and ladder patebro Boat Building 5 August 2nd 07 02:02 AM
boat fender [email protected] General 0 April 13th 07 09:15 AM
boat fender [email protected] Cruising 0 April 13th 07 09:14 AM
seeking a boat hoist rope crank for kayak MrC General 9 February 27th 06 04:46 PM
Fender Stickers for your Boat Trailer Bill Cole General 4 September 12th 03 09:19 PM