Default Ferry Between Marthas and Nantucket?

Having some trouble finding an answer to this query. I suspect there's a
passenger ferry of some sort (in season) between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket
Harbor. Can anyone confirm or deny?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

Armond,

As far as I know, the only ferry service between the islands is on the
Hy-line ferry. They have a couple of trips a day from one to the other. The
steamship authority only runs to the Martha's Vineyard from Woods Hole and
to Nantucket from Hyannis.

Armond Perretta wrote:
Having some trouble finding an answer to this query. I suspect there's a
passenger ferry of some sort (in season) between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket
Harbor. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hy-line has two ferry routes, one that goes back and forth, the other
includes Hyannis. Unfortunately, the times are such that if you're on
one island, you can't "day-trip" to the other.

As it turns out, Cape Air flies between the islands, under $50 each way,
with several flights a day.

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:26:35 -0400, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:

Having some trouble finding an answer to this query. I suspect there's a
passenger ferry of some sort (in season) between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket
Harbor. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I believe there is a ferry from Woods Hole which stops at Oak Bluffs
and then continues on to Nantucket.

Definitive answers are he

http://www.steamshipauthority.com/ssa/

jeff wrote:
Armond Perretta wrote:

... I suspect there's a passenger ferry of some sort (in season) between
Oak Bluffs and Nantucket Harbor. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hy-line has two ferry routes, one that goes back and forth, the other
includes Hyannis. Unfortunately, the times are such that if you're on
one island, you can't "day-trip" to the other.

I have been hoping to "visit" Nantucket during a summer cruise to the area
without actually "visiting" (i.e., taking the sailboat over from Marthas,
enduring the summer traffic and crowds, avoiding a northeaster in Nantucket
Harbor, etc., all of which I have "enjoyed" in the past. Nantucket is quite
nice, but the summer crowds and the harbor layout itself are not always most
relaxing.

Based on the information provided, it does not seem possible to
day-trip from Marthas in any economical fashion, so to keep peace aboard
ship I will submit to the hustle and bustle and sail over. The last time I
sailed over we enjoyed a memorable daysail in beautiful blue waters in a
fresh reaching breeze. Certainly a good day. Thanks to all for the
..

Armond Perretta wrote:
jeff wrote:
Armond Perretta wrote:
[...]

.

I'm in the same situation. We'll probably spend most of July in
Vineyard Haven, so if you see our catamaran Loki, stop by and say hi.

Old Town Castine vs. Nantucket PHILVID2 Touring 3 July 22nd 04 09:43 PM
How many feet for a nantucket voyage? jay General 8 February 4th 04 09:00 PM
How many feet for a Nantucket voyage.... jay Cruising 8 February 3rd 04 07:11 AM
Going to Marthas Vineyard!!! SASIINC Cruising 7 July 14th 03 03:22 AM