Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Ferry Between Marthas and Nantucket?

Armond Perretta wrote:
jeff wrote:
Armond Perretta wrote:
... I suspect there's a passenger ferry of some sort (in season) between
Oak Bluffs and Nantucket Harbor. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hy-line has two ferry routes, one that goes back and forth, the other
includes Hyannis. Unfortunately, the times are such that if you're on
one island, you can't "day-trip" to the other.

I have been hoping to "visit" Nantucket during a summer cruise to the area
without actually "visiting" (i.e., taking the sailboat over from Marthas,
enduring the summer traffic and crowds, avoiding a northeaster in Nantucket
Harbor, etc., all of which I have "enjoyed" in the past. Nantucket is quite
nice, but the summer crowds and the harbor layout itself are not always most
relaxing.

Based on the information provided, it does not seem possible to
day-trip from Marthas in any economical fashion, so to keep peace aboard
ship I will submit to the hustle and bustle and sail over. The last time I
sailed over we enjoyed a memorable daysail in beautiful blue waters in a
fresh reaching breeze. Certainly a good day. Thanks to all for the
.

I'm in the same situation. We'll probably spend most of July in
Vineyard Haven, so if you see our catamaran Loki, stop by and say hi.