posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Off to the Bahamas

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
We are just setting out on a cruise to the Abaco Islands in the
Bahamas. Anyone who would like to follow our track on the web can
find it he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...fKADAn2Dkz os

Cool, it looks like he's making good progress. Since the winds in the area
are light and variable he must be motoring just like Skippy always does.

It looks like he's coming my way. It will be interesting to see if he takes
the Yacht Channel and proceeds out into Hawk Channel and the Straits of
Florida via the Channel Five bridge or if he heads up the Intracoastal
Waterway to Miami before jumping off to the Bahamas. This time of year, with
thunderstorms popping up everywhere most every morning and afternoon he'd
probably be better off motoring up the Intracoastal and waiting in Miami for
some rare, steady winds for the crossing.

But, if he's like Skippy he'll wait until a flat calm day and motor across
with sails flapping for show.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
MMC MMC is offline

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
We are just setting out on a cruise to the Abaco Islands in the
Bahamas. Anyone who would like to follow our track on the web can
find it he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os

Sanibel? Ever read Randy Wayne White?
Have a good trip!

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

Sailing?? ~~ Snerk ~~
Wayne gave up being a sailor years ago. Now he sits in his comfy seat at
the helm of a trawler type cruiser...... doesn't even get his hair mussed,
no mater what the conditions.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:16:42 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Nitwit. Wayne's boat is a Grand Banks 49. Of course, he's motoring.
DUH!

Frigging atmosphere and water polluting trawler! That's gross!

It ain't "cruising" (RBC) unless it's under sail. Get a clue, mon! He needs
to find the right newsgroup to post his motorboat crap. Rec.boats is
suitable. Perhaps there's a rec.boats.trawlers?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Jun 10, 3:27*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

anews.com...

.. .

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...glId=0utTAiady....

[...]

no mater what the conditions.- Hide quoted text -

Jealousy is a bitter pill, huh dummy?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

Yah right! Tell that to Joe Butcher (Red Cloud) who used to type the same
nonsense about the imagined virtues of a pilot house!

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote in message
On Jun 10, 3:27 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

anews.com...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You shouldn't call Don White a dummy.

--
Gregory Hall

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

Don, you and Harry like to talk about your years of boating, but that is
all you do, talk about it.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:21:01 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
We are just setting out on a cruise to the Abaco Islands in the
Bahamas. Anyone who would like to follow our track on the web can
find it he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os

Sanibel? Ever read Randy Wayne White?
Have a good trip!

Doc Ford books. My wife has read them and was very enthused. One
of these days I'll do likewise but first we've got to get all of these
boat chores finished up. :-)

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:01:21 -0700 (PDT), John
wrote:

Get out on the boat . . . you'll feel better . . . I do 99.999% of the
time.

You're right. I am out on the boat and I do feel better. The
Alaska cruise (courtesy of Princess Lines) was quite nice but there is
really nothing like being out here and plotting your own course.

Off to the Bahamas Wayne.B General 50 June 19th 09 03:38 AM
Bahamas Kenneth P. Turvey General 2 April 19th 08 12:08 AM
USA to Bahamas [email protected] ASA 3 March 16th 07 02:44 PM
AC in the Bahamas Berry Cruising 20 January 23rd 05 03:14 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM