posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Off to the Bahamas

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:16:42 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..
We are just setting out on a cruise to the Abaco Islands in the
Bahamas. Anyone who would like to follow our track on the web can
find it he

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...fKADAn2Dkz os

Cool, it looks like he's making good progress. Since the winds in the area
are light and variable he must be motoring just like Skippy always does.

It looks like he's coming my way. It will be interesting to see if he
takes
the Yacht Channel and proceeds out into Hawk Channel and the Straits of
Florida via the Channel Five bridge or if he heads up the Intracoastal
Waterway to Miami before jumping off to the Bahamas. This time of year,
with
thunderstorms popping up everywhere most every morning and afternoon he'd
probably be better off motoring up the Intracoastal and waiting in Miami
for
some rare, steady winds for the crossing.

But, if he's like Skippy he'll wait until a flat calm day and motor across
with sails flapping for show.

Wilbur Hubbard

Nitwit. Wayne's boat is a Grand Banks 49. Of course, he's motoring.
DUH!

Frigging atmosphere and water polluting trawler! That's gross!

It ain't "cruising" (RBC) unless it's under sail. Get a clue, mon! He needs
to find the right newsgroup to post his motorboat crap. Rec.boats is
suitable. Perhaps there's a rec.boats.trawlers?

Wilbur Hubbard