Default Lake Superior RAPIDLY WARMING!

Keith Nuttle wrote in news:wcfWl.17742
:

I have a degree in Chemistry and worked in the chemical industry for
many years so know my chemistry. I know federal disposal regulations
for chemical disposal. Can you tell me the educational basis for your
comments?

Someone sent me a joke in email this morning:

"So, what are you doing, now that you're retired?"

"I'm lucky. I'm a Chemical Engineer by trade, so I'm converting beer, wine
and margaritas into urine most of the time...."

I found it funny....(c;]

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

"Larry" wrote in message

Someone sent me a joke in email this morning:

"So, what are you doing, now that you're retired?"

"I'm lucky. I'm a Chemical Engineer by trade, so I'm converting beer,
wine
and margaritas into urine most of the time...."

I found it funny....(c;]

--
-----
Larry

Find a job you love and you'll never work another day for the rest of your
life. :-D

--
KLC Lewis

Irrefutable photographic proof of alien visitations!
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

"Larry" wrote in message
Keith Nuttle wrote in news:wcfWl.17742
:

I have a degree in Chemistry and worked in the chemical industry for
many years so know my chemistry. I know federal disposal regulations
for chemical disposal. Can you tell me the educational basis for your
comments?

Someone sent me a joke in email this morning:

"So, what are you doing, now that you're retired?"

"I'm lucky. I'm a Chemical Engineer by trade, so I'm converting beer,
wine
and margaritas into urine most of the time...."

I found it funny....(c;]

Very... thanks!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
ions...

I have no problem allowing people to drive SUVs the size of a big rig.
All they have to do is agree to pay for the privilege, including higher
fuel costs, pollution tax, insurance, etc. That should also cut out a lot
of the morons leaving rubber at one stop light after another, so they can
be the first to the next stop light.

Surely higher fuel costs come automatically if you buy something like a
big SUV?

Only if you turn on the engine..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
ions...

I have no problem allowing people to drive SUVs the size of a big rig.
All they have to do is agree to pay for the privilege, including higher
fuel costs, pollution tax, insurance, etc. That should also cut out a
lot of the morons leaving rubber at one stop light after another, so
they can be the first to the next stop light.

Surely higher fuel costs come automatically if you buy something like a
big SUV?

Only if you turn on the engine..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ya, I really hate those blackguards that buy Hummers and get away without
paying fuel taxes by coasting downhill everywhere they go. Why, the nerve!

--
KLC Lewis

Irrefutable photographic proof of alien visitations!
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe we should require them to be sequestered along with the C02.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
:

The current method of sequestering co2 is to pump it into underground
chambers left empty from oil deposits. A more long-term solution would
be to create calcium carbonate by pumping it through lime slurry, or
use it to grow simple plants (algaes) and create more oxygen, trapping
the carbon in the plants' cellulose. The algaes can then feed people
and animals, and be used as fertilizer for other food crops.

I've always found it terribly amusing that whenever the subject of air
pollution comes up, a huge majority of the population has this vision of
Earth suspended inside a sealed-up beach ball with a finite, unchanging
volume of "air" that must be conserved, at all costs, and totally
recycled for millions of years or we're all going to die.....a sort of
vacuum chambered Earth.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Billions of tons of gas pour
off the nearest star and a tiny bit of it blasts the magnetosphere with
amazing array of highly charged ions, various gasses across the
spectrum, and free atomic elements like electrons, neutrons, etc.....24
hours a day for millions of years.

It gives you a little different picture, once you notice the TRAIL of
GASES streaming off the dark side of the planet into space. Look at the
dateline on this new article:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-sun-stealing-
atmosphere.html

So, it appears we are NOT living in a sealed glass jar with the sun
shining in. It appears we are part of the vacuum-cleaner!

So, once we are outside the "Glass Envelope" thinking, wouldn't it stand
to REASON, something some find hard to do, that if we inject CO2 or any
gas into this DYNAMIC air that has new stuff blowing into it on one side
and stuff blowing OFF it on the other....Wouldn't THAT be the reason why
we're not choking to death on a billion or so years of various species
burning WOOD to keep warm spewing out tons of toxic CO2 for the plants
to turn into FOOD?!

There is some good news, if you plan on staying around:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...-billion-year-
life-extension/

--
-----
Larry

Why aren't lakes that have had a hundred years of 2-stroke outboards
spewing out millions of gallons of unburned fuel and Quaker State SAE 30
motor oil mixed 15:1....14" deep in them? Oil floats, right??

"Edgar" wrote in
:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
ions...

I have no problem allowing people to drive SUVs the size of a big
rig. All they have to do is agree to pay for the privilege, including
higher fuel costs, pollution tax, insurance, etc. That should also
cut out a lot of the morons leaving rubber at one stop light after
another, so they can be the first to the next stop light.

Surely higher fuel costs come automatically if you buy something like
a big SUV?

I saw something incredibly oxymoron today.....a huge Toyota HYBRID SUV.....

Think about it a while.....TURN IRONY ON.

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
If you know of another disposal method for the 3 billion tons Carbon
Dioxide that is proposed to be captured from of coal fired energy plants
please post to the group so we all will know. Don't just say I don't know
what I am talking about.

There is one other way to handle it but that will create 7 billion
tons/year of metal salts that will have to be treated as toxic waste for
eternity. This could be more depending on the metal they used to react
with the carbon dioxide.

I have a degree in Chemistry and worked in the chemical industry for many
years so know my chemistry. I know federal disposal regulations for
chemical disposal. Can you tell me the educational basis for your
comments?

The current method of sequestering co2 is to pump it into underground
chambers left empty from oil deposits. A more long-term solution would be to
create calcium carbonate by pumping it through lime slurry, or use it to
grow simple plants (algaes) and create more oxygen, trapping the carbon in
the plants' cellulose. The algaes can then feed people and animals, and be
used as fertilizer for other food crops.

You can use 8 billion tons per year is this way?

What are you going to do with the lime slurry?

"Larry" wrote in message

[...]

Really not much different than the idea that the Earth as we know it now has
always been within a particular temperature range (comfortable to us) with a
specific level of glaciation (just enough, not too much, not too little)
with the coastlines just the way they are today.

Hey, we just came out of "The Little Ice Age" about 150 years ago. I, for
one, am happy as a clam that the Earth is getting a tad warmer.
Unfortunately, this, too, shall pass.