Default Gold rose $100/oz in May, fuel strains to maintain par value

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:55:14 +0000, Larry wrote:

Richard Casady wrote in
:

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 07:13:40 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Perhaps I should have specified 2-stroke outboard so I'll change
that to "the two-stroke out board motors that I usually see on small
sailboats as auxiliary power".

The Iowa schooner had a half horse Evinrude.

Casady

http://www.oddjobmotors.com/images/t...ightmanual.pdf

Found this service manual for the little Evinrude Foldlight folding
outboard motor from 1930....

Look in the back at the parts list prices!......How times change from one
Depression to the next. Who could afford to go fishing with no job and no
future?

Damn! I knew Ed Dressel. He's listed as the dealer on Lake Marie in
Illinois. Never knew he went that far back.
You go to a bait store up there and half the pictures of all those
stringers full of crappies and those big bass were taken in the '50's
and back. Don't know who they're trying to kid.

--Vic

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:28:10 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce, how much are Yanmar diesel outboards, 27 and 36hp, in Thailand?

They had the prices jacked up so high in the USA they couldn't sell them.

Don't know, but I'll ask around.

I'll probably have to get a catalog price as I don't think I've ever
seen one in Thailand. I doubt anyone would want one as the "runabout"
crews all want gasoline and the fishermen all use long tails as they
are so much cheaper.

My guess is that they are EXPENSIVE! The import and sales tax on stuff
brought into the country is pretty high.

But I'll ask and post what I hear.

Cheers,