Junior Member

Default Maxum SE or SCR

Hi complete newbie here, looking to purchase my first boat which is to be a Maxum 2700SE 2003 but i have a few questions hoping to find some answers here

1) Whats the difference in SE or SCR models on Maxum cruisers

2) I see most are petrol is there much difference in fuel economy getting a diesel?

3) I also see a 2002 model, twin petrol, is this because its an SCR and does this give better performance and what about fuel consumption compared to single mercruiser?

4) And lastly why is their such a price difference over the net with the same model and same year, talking £15k here, is it because their are so many upgrades or is it greedy brokers?

Thanks in advance, and if anyone is an expert on Maxum cruisers from 2700 to 3100 models i'd like to chat

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:25:55 +0100, GentlemanGlobeTrotter
wrote:

2) I see most are petrol is there much difference in fuel economy
getting a diesel?

Diesel engines deliver almost twice as much horsepower per gallon of
fuel. That is offset by a higher purchase price but partially
compensated by greater resale value. Since the fuel tanks are
usually the same size for both gas and diesel, diesel engines will
usually deliver about twice as much range, all else being equal.

I believe the SCR designation stands for Sport Cruiser with RADAR arch
but you really need to check with a Maxum dealer on that.

Maxum Boats [email protected] General 3 July 1st 05 10:54 PM
Maxum vs Sea Ray Dennis T Cruising 3 February 1st 05 02:26 AM
91 Maxum 2300SCR Jeff MacDuff General 10 August 20th 04 06:04 AM
FS: 24' Maxum DayCruiser in AZ Ed Donaldson Marketplace 0 November 13th 03 10:06 PM
Sea Ray vs. Maxum Mason M A General 1 July 15th 03 01:23 PM