Dennis T

Default Maxum vs Sea Ray

Can anybody offer a comparison of a 370DA SeaRay (Sundancer) and a 4100 SCR
(SportCruiser) by Maxum.

Trying to narrow down choices and it comes to these two. Similar specs, same
age, same electronics, engine hrs are close, and pricing is about $3000
higher for the Sea Ray.

Larry W4CSC

"Dennis T" wrote in
om:

Can anybody offer a comparison of a 370DA SeaRay (Sundancer) and a
4100 SCR (SportCruiser) by Maxum.

Trying to narrow down choices and it comes to these two. Similar
specs, same age, same electronics, engine hrs are close, and pricing
is about $3000 higher for the Sea Ray.

Hell, that's easy....Just look at this Sea Ray quality hull. Even if you
ignore David Pascoe's writings, the pictures speak volumes of the type of
boat BRUNSWICK puts into every hull it makes.

I had one of the small ones. This one is much bigger. Mine was a piece of
crap, too.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/Fiberglass_Boats.htm

One layer of roving for the surveyor to see on the inside of the hull?
PUTTY material in the middle?
What happens to the family if you hit something 30 miles from shore?

I asked a Brunswick bureaucrat at a boat show this question:
"Why can't a company that makes a bowling pin you and a machine can beat to
hell for many years that comes out almost without a scratch....make a boat
you can bang into a dock without breaking it all to hell?"
Of course, he moved on to answer another question about how wonderful they
are....(c;

Dennis T

Thanks Larry,

I checked out the NADA used boat appraisal and the Maxum, in perfect
condition, is about $30,000 higher than the NADA values. The pictures speak
volumes about the hull construction. My choice is made!

Dennis

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Dennis T" wrote in
om:

[...]

Larry W4CSC

"Dennis T" wrote in
. com:

Thanks Larry,

I checked out the NADA used boat appraisal and the Maxum, in perfect
condition, is about $30,000 higher than the NADA values. The pictures
speak volumes about the hull construction. My choice is made!

Dennis

My bigshot Sea Ray dealer wouldn't fix my Sea Ray as I was told he was
under no obligation to service the company's boats he didn't sell. His
service manager looked astonished. He did this because someone here
"squealed" on me for posting my Sea Ray's deficiencies on rec.boats. The
rat was reading it.

I guess I'm still not going to be welcome at Sea Ray of Charleston after
this.....(c;

I guess he never figured out how to force the whole dealership up where I
told him to stick it....hee hee

Maxum Owners Club OSU General 0 July 17th 04 03:45 AM
Repair Maxum Cabin Door MC General 5 May 18th 04 08:24 PM
Question about Maxum Boats? Joe General 3 May 5th 04 01:46 PM
FS: 24' Maxum DayCruiser in AZ Ed Donaldson Marketplace 0 November 13th 03 10:06 PM
Need owners manual for 97 Maxum 2300SC Rob Wolters General 0 July 18th 03 11:02 PM