Default check out this sailboat

KLC Lewis wrote:

Ya, less than 30' it will be difficult to have 6' standing headroom unless
you have deep bilges and a very low sole, unless, of course, you don't mind
the "outhouse" look.

Check out the CS27.....

Cheers
Martin

"Marty" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:

Ya, less than 30' it will be difficult to have 6' standing headroom
unless you have deep bilges and a very low sole, unless, of course, you
don't mind the "outhouse" look.

Check out the CS27.....

Cheers
Martin

Ya, in that type of boat you're pretty-much standing on the bottom of the
hull. Nice lines. Seems to make the most of the available space in a good
looking package.

Gordon wrote in
m:

Larry wrote:
Gordon wrote in news:hKWdnYcFFrn-
:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/1025622464.html

How Cute! Let's hope, in Seattle, that there's some way to steer it
from INSIDE the little deck house, not just sitting out in the
freezing rain clutching the tiller, fingers unable to grasp with
frostbite.

And that is in the middle of July!!!!!
Gordon

When I call my childhood home friends in upstate NY (Fingerlakes Region), I
always have to ask them what DAY was Summer this year....(c;

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
Ya, less than 30' it will be difficult to have 6' standing headroom
unless you have deep bilges and a very low sole, unless, of course, you
don't mind the "outhouse" look.

Check out the CS27.....

Cheers
Martin

Ya, in that type of boat you're pretty-much standing on the bottom of the
hull. Nice lines. Seems to make the most of the available space in a good
looking package.

That's true, generally when people come aboard mine they remark "Holy
crap! That's a long way down!"

Cheers
Martin

Marty wrote in
:

That's true, generally when people come aboard mine they remark "Holy
crap! That's a long way down!"

The Amel Sharki has that effect, too. When you sit in the center
cockpit seats, the seat back/coaming and winches are level with your
shoulder blades. My feet barely touch the deck if I'm sitting back. If
you trip coming aboard it IS a long way down to that deck!

The other shocker is how far down it is to the engine room. There's a
hatch on both sides of the engine to access the front of the engine you
can't get to from lifting the whole cockpit deck top hatch. One side is
easy as it's the starboard passageway to the aft cabin. The engine room
hatch is a little below the deck level in a little well giving you a
seat. The PORT side, however, is another matter! There is a "trunk"
you must lower yourself into with no steps only a little bigger than a
fat man (me). The hatch to the port side of the engine is in the BOTTOM
of it, meaning one must crouch down with his knees into his ears to get
to it. When a 6' man stands up in this trunk, only the top half of his
head is above the level of the hatch above it (and the port lazerette)
that forms the port seat in the cockpit. It's very deep and a PITA to
get into/out of! Of course THAT's where the damned seawater impeller
must be changed from on the Perkins 4-105 tractor engine.

It's 5 steps more from cockpit deck level down to cabin deck level.
Standing in the cabin looking out the ports, you're eye is at the level
of the shoes of anyone standing on deck...far above.

In the sole of the cabin are several access hatches into the bilge, one
above the bilge sump everything but the head dumps into. This cavity is
like looking into a sewer through a manhole cover! There is NO WAY of
reaching anything to do with the bilge pump or its switch laying on your
belly over this hatch. You hand doesn't reach halfway down! You need a
grappling arm of some sort to get down there. I have no idea how you'd
get to the pump if the bilge were flooded. There is a large manual
diaphram junk pump located under the steps to the cockpit, its handle
fits into a slot in the second step. Pump out the bilge, first, I
suppose. It has 3 electric pumps, one large diaphram trash pump that
sucks out the kitchen food that gets down the sink and two automatic
RULE monsters that could double for jet propulsion if the batteries hold
up, the biggest pumps RULE makes. When you open the tap on the sinks,
or take a shower, you simply start the trash pump to pump it over the
side.

I don't know what's living way down in her bilge. I've never been
growled at. I'm amazed how clean it stays with all that dishwater
dumping into there and being pumped out. And, oddly, it doesn't stink
like other boats with standing bilge water. "Let Dawn move stink out of
your bilge!"

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:38:35 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I call my childhood home friends in upstate NY (Fingerlakes Region), I
always have to ask them what DAY was Summer this year....(c;

It's my understanding that day may not have arrived at all last year.
Maybe they'll get 2 days in '09. I hope so because we are thinking
of taking a cruise up that way later this year.

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:38:35 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I call my childhood home friends in upstate NY (Fingerlakes Region), I
always have to ask them what DAY was Summer this year....(c;

It's my understanding that day may not have arrived at all last year.
Maybe they'll get 2 days in '09. I hope so because we are thinking
of taking a cruise up that way later this year.

Ah, fer crying out loud! Try not to take what Larry writes too
seriously. The Fingerlakes have lovely warm summers, I live somewhat
north of the region and have visited there many times in summer. The
area is probably among the most beautiful in the north-east USA, I think
Larry is trying to keep it for himself.

Don't believe what he says about the winters there either, I guarantee
you that a winter in the Upper Peninsula, North Dakota, or even
Minnesota is way, way, way more harsh.

Cheers
Martin

Dave wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:13:48 -0500, Marty said:

Ya, in that type of boat you're pretty-much standing on the bottom of the
hull. Nice lines. Seems to make the most of the available space in a good
looking package.

That's true, generally when people come aboard mine they remark "Holy
crap! That's a long way down!"

What Ray Wall did was to design a boat with high topsides, and then hide the
height with a wide dark shear stripe. That made it unnecessary to stick on a
big cabin top. The design has much of the kind of interior volume you'd get
from a raised deck. The real trick was to get some decent performance with
such high topsides. Hence the fairly deep fin keel.

Mine has a blue hull, small white boot stripe..... but does go well for
a boat with 24' LWL...

Cheers
Martin
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:38:35 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I call my childhood home friends in upstate NY (Fingerlakes
Region), I always have to ask them what DAY was Summer this
year....(c;

It's my understanding that day may not have arrived at all last year.
Maybe they'll get 2 days in '09. I hope so because we are thinking
of taking a cruise up that way later this year.

Upstate NY has always been a great place to be FROM......

"Larry" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:38:35 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I call my childhood home friends in upstate NY (Fingerlakes
Region), I always have to ask them what DAY was Summer this
year....(c;

It's my understanding that day may not have arrived at all last year.
Maybe they'll get 2 days in '09. I hope so because we are thinking
of taking a cruise up that way later this year.

Upstate NY has always been a great place to be FROM......

Coldest freakin week I ever spent was in and around Rochester in February...
brrrr....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Check this out Eisboch General 5 December 30th 07 02:14 AM
Check.. *JimH* General 0 October 19th 05 10:16 PM
Check it out JIMinFL General 7 October 13th 05 02:04 PM
Check.... Scott Vernon ASA 50 November 11th 04 11:26 AM
Check This General 0 August 12th 03 08:36 PM