Stu

Default insurance or lack of

I just received a letter from Vessel Assist who has been bought by
West Marine saying they will no longer insure my boat. I have a 42'
trimaran built in 1976. I faithfully had it surveyed every two years
and it's in perfect condition. They are telling me they will not
insure a boat over 25 years old. Can anyone point me in the direction
of some other insurance companies that do insure older boats?
TIA
Stu

Karin Conover-Lewis

Have you tried Markel? They insure my Rawson, built in 1963. The "agreed
value" is lower than I would like, but the coverage is good and the premiums
are reasonable. http://www.helmsmanyacht.com/Coverage.htm

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Stu" wrote in message
om...
I just received a letter from Vessel Assist who has been bought by
West Marine saying they will no longer insure my boat. I have a 42'
trimaran built in 1976. I faithfully had it surveyed every two years
and it's in perfect condition. They are telling me they will not
insure a boat over 25 years old. Can anyone point me in the direction
of some other insurance companies that do insure older boats?
TIA
Stu

J.Slater

I have had good experiences with Hayden Yacht Insurance. Chip Bishop has got
to be one of the nicest agents I've ever met. Period.

Tell him Capt. Dave of Wind Dominated sent you.

om...