BoatBanter.com

-   -   Message to the Moderator (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/101581-message-moderator.html)

Capt. JG January 18th 09 06:07 PM

Message to the Moderator

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 04:10:40 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in
areasolutions:

I think you're a loon. No one that I recall ever said that "jew" was a
hurtful word.

Then why do you all get SO upset whenever someone SAYS IT IN PUBLIC?

Rahm Emanuel. "He's a Jew."

Man that just makes 'em go CRAZY!

Funny in a sort of perverse way.

I had a close friend who was Jewish. Actually, to use his words a
"cultural Jew" as his mother was not Jewish,
But anyway, he used the word "Jew" to indicate individuals who were
members of the Jewish religion, and Israeli to refer to individuals
who were citizens of the state of Israel. He once said to me
"Israelis are Jews but Jews are not necessarily Israelis".

If my old mate could call people Jews then I reckon I can too.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Why would anyone think that's a problem? Larry isn't just calling someone
who's jewish a jew is he.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe January 18th 09 06:24 PM

Message to the Moderator

On Jan 17, 7:17*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in
ions:

This seems to imply that the meaning of words don't change over time
and across societies. They do. Thus, using a word in the 1800s might
be fine, but using the same word in the 21st century could easily be
wrong and hurtful. Equating the use of the word waiter to the N word
isn't really a valid comparison. If anyone thinks it is, then they're
being disingenious to make a point or they're just plain dumb.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Is "Jew" one of those hurtful words since the infiltration of the US
Government? *Why does that always result in an attack, no matter how you
say it?

I think you're a loon. No one that I recall ever said that "jew" was a
hurtful word.

You believe that conspiracies are everywhere, apparently.

I'm just wondering what the hell happened to you for you to be so hateful
toward an entire race.

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

John, perhaps you should read what Larry wrote.

If you had your shipmates killed in a questionable way you too might
hold a grudge until justice is served.

I havent researched what happened to larrys shipmates enough to know
the truth, but there is alot of questionable evidence and accounts of
what happened.

Larry seems pretty smart when it comes to electronics, everyone seeks
him out here for that talent, that talent was in high demand on the
type of ship his shipmates were killed on.

Larry needs to find a better way, place to channel his fustration.

The Captain words were
"It appears to me that it was not a pure case of mistaken
identity."
-- Captain William L. McGonagle,

I tend to accept the word of the man in charge, not being there.

Perhaps he should seek out his shipmates and find a better way to sort
out the facts.
He should reign in his anger, it's only hurting him and his efforts to
find the facts...IMO

Joe

[email protected] January 18th 09 08:24 PM

Message to the Moderator

On 18 Jan 2009 13:10:02 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:40:01 -0500, said:

Waiter isn't derogatory. It's sexist. They call them all "waitpersons"
now, or if that's too clumsy, they call them "servers".

I don't. It's either a waiter or a waitress. And if that offend those
present, tough ****.

I don't recommend that you call them, "tough ****". You may find
yourself on the curb pretty quickly.

Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] January 18th 09 08:25 PM

Message to the Moderator

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:22:41 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

?? Never said waiter was. Did someone else? I'm not sure what anything has
to do with what a group calls themselves vs. what others call them when
attempting to lump them into some less than human way, but feel free to
explain. If you want to call yourself a Scottish American, go for it. As
far
as wasp goes, you probably don't want to use that term around the rich,
white anglosaxon protestants at the local cpuntry club, not if you want to
have any company on the patio anyway.

Nonsense.

A proud WOP.

Uh huh. Thought so . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

Vic Smith January 18th 09 08:33 PM

Message to the Moderator

On 18 Jan 2009 13:10:02 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:40:01 -0500, said:

Waiter isn't derogatory. It's sexist. They call them all "waitpersons"
now, or if that's too clumsy, they call them "servers".

I don't. It's either a waiter or a waitress. And if that offend those
present, tough ****.

Anything polite to get their attention.
"Waiter"
"Waitress"
"Garcon"
"Miss"
"Mister"
"Honey"
"Doll"
"Friend"
"Pal"
"Joe"
"Mac"
"Bub"
Depends how you say it. And a smile can erase misinterpretation.
The biggest politeness is in the tip.
But if you have to actually think about how to address somebody,
you've probably already lost the PC battle.

--Vic

Larry January 18th 09 09:35 PM

Message to the Moderator

Joe wrote in news:cf147bba-c750-4151-bb6d-
:

I havent researched what happened to larrys shipmates enough to know
the truth, but there is alot of questionable evidence and accounts of
what happened.

http://www.gtr5.com/

Straight information from the crew's own mouth who survived both
attacks.

Captain McGonagle is the ONLY Congressional Medal of Honor winner, our
highest honor, that DIDN'T get his medal in the Oval Office of the White
House in full view of the press, the people and the world. His medal
came in a secret, guarded ceremony in the Washington Navy Yard so we
wouldn't upset the Zionists who run our government from Israel.

The words you see on gtr5.com are the words of the men who lived through
it. You'll also find, on that page, open testimony of radio
communications people who monitored the event at their various Navy
communications stations between the Med and America. Theirs is also
first-hand testimony.

Threatening the crew with prison if they opened their mouths only added
resolve to their getting the word out all these years in honor of their
fallen shipmates.

This morning there are some real horror tales of genocide coming out of
Gaza. One man was directed by Isreali soldiers to leave his house and
take all his relatives to another house nearby "for safety". While he
was out searching for water to give to the starving children, the
Israeli monsters bombed the very house the soldiers told him to put his
family in, killing 27 members all together when the building simply
imploded with the blast from an Israeli bomb. Every American who has
any concience at all needs to be watching the news reports from Al
Jazeera on:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Aljazeera is the only news agency that was already in Gaza before the
Israelis locked up the border in an attempt to keep the world from
seeing the atrocities they are committing against innocent women and
children.

As of noon, they had found 92 more bodies buried in the rubble, but
every time they start digging, as you can see on the live video feeds,
israeli soldiers show up and run off the rescuers in panic, scared to
death they'll kill them, too.

Hamas stupid idiots fired off 3 more rockets trying to provoke more
atrocities from the Israelis into Israel. All of them should be shot,
saving lives. Enough is enough.

Larry January 18th 09 09:42 PM

Message to the Moderator

Dave wrote in
:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:42:13 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
said:

The term shabbos goy refers to a non-Jew who performs duties that
Jewish law forbids a Jew from performing on the Sabbath; typically,
lighting a fire to warm a house.

Where I live there's no need for that. We have things called
thermostats. However, since turning lights off or on is forbidden on
the Sabbath, orthodox Jews sometimes hire a goy to come in and do
that.

I also learned very recently what the difference is between a regular
elevator and a Sabbath elevator. The latter stops at every floor so
there is no need to perform the forbidden work of pressing the
elevator button.

They don't seem to have any trouble pressing buttons on Saturday over Gaza.
The guns and launchers don't launch themselves.

Capt. JG January 18th 09 11:51 PM

Message to the Moderator

Shipmates? He and his shipmates were attacked by hordes of jews? Maybe Rahm
Emanuel attached him while they slept.

Capt. JG January 18th 09 11:52 PM

Message to the Moderator

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:17 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

snip

I guess he forgot about the apology.... oh well....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG January 18th 09 11:53 PM

Message to the Moderator

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:22:40 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

Some years ago there was a push to get away from using the words
"waiter"
and "waitress," presumedly because "waitress" was considered sexist. So
we
instead got terms like "wait staff," "servers," and the rarely-used but
still funny, "waitron."

I always call them a wait person.

Why is no one surprised at that?

You left off the "where's my f*ckin eggs" part....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com