Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob Bob is offline

Default Do u have what it takes to be a real mariner?

I was talking to a guy about 58 years old who was an AB on a Chevron
tanker. We were talking about boat jobs and he described a great
program the Sefarers International Union (SIU) had for new mariners.

If you think you want to be a real sailor and not some fat ****
sailboat guy ****ing about willburs grammer get a life and check out
SIU UnLicensed Apprentance program.

http://www.seafarers.org/jobs/uafaq.xml

Basically after $1500 tuition and a seven month school at Pinney
Point, MD you walk out a union AB with a "B" seniority book. WIth A-B-
C-D books, D Book the least seniority, that means youre next to the
top in seniority and get to sail when ever ya want. Its really an
unbelivable opportunity.

Oh, now I can hear all the "ya butters." "I would but.... or I could
but....." The guy I was talking to said he new of a guy SEVENTY years
old who just completed the 7 month program and was sailing (that means
working on unlimited ships as an AB, not typing about sailboats here)

So quit your whinning and give up your looser RBC life and get a real
job on a real boat with real mariners. If a 70 year old guy can do it
at least a few of you recreational yacher types can do it. Besides I
hear at least a few of you white, fat, 60 yo geezers have the back of
a 30 year old...........

If not please pass this information to anyone who wants to better
their life and career.

Bob