Joe Joe is offline

Default Do u have what it takes to be a real mariner?

On Jan 7, 1:53*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:49*am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 6, 5:15*pm, Bob wrote:

Well shiver my timbers ! !
Its captain joe of the ill fated RED CLOWN.........

Have you sunk any boats lately???

Not lately, rode out a hurricane on the one I have now. Boats sunk all
around me.
Did fine

Why not take your own advice and start shipping out Bob?

Sure you have Boob, just like Neal is cruising.

I have.

You seem to be a regular rbc know it all master of the seas yet never
speak of anything you ever attempted as a professional mariner or as a
sailor on your supposed boat.

I tend not to be a self masturbating know it all simply stroking my
own ego. I will give my opinon but when it comes to my personal life I
have three words............... go **** yourself.

Ohh scrubbing ****ters in a tug is personal? WTF tell us about your
mariner career bob and how you avanced yourself. How you actually did
something beside being another meek and timid critic like your hero
Wilbur

IIRC you said you were going to work on a tug cleaning the heads
ect...what happened with that?

I had an offer outside the tow sector. ANd as I ahve said before. Id
rather be sweeping and cleaning heads than working on some luberly
land job boasting about my PAST.

You dont need an AB to get on a crabber.

Yes, that is true. The only thing you need there is:
10th grade education
two past DUII, with one pending.
2 ex wives
1 domestic assault convection
1 repoed 4x4
$10,000 in back child support payments
$60,000 back taxes.
wages garnished.

Show your lack of pratical knowledge Bob. The commerical crab fllet
had to file a crew manifest with the USCG and Homeland security. The
data is shared with DEA, FBI, and the local sheriffs. If you have any
warrents or outstanding child support they will pick you up at the
dock.

Lots of AB & OS positions in the oil patch you could get on easy
enough if you wanted.

Yes, absolutly true. In fact i was talking to a friend of mine this
morning wholl be eating lunch with the HR at Rigdon Marine about now.
Even if oil is down from $147 to $40 the gom is still hiring.

HOwever new TWIC and USCG licensing/medical requirmens have placed
demanding requirmens on new mariners. I doubt someone like yourself
would qualify.

Your faked stupity is boring

Work the rivers on push boats, that pays great.

Boy ar eyou misinformed...............

Sure bob, 380 a day for a 12 hour shift and home at night is not great
pay

100's of shrimpers need hands.

Same comments as for crabbers except for the shrimp fishery in the GOM
is belly up with no future and the quality of deck guys is even worse.

Thats why I suggested you might fit in well. With your ambitions being
so low it seemed a natural for you.

Bering is sorta the elete of the fleet compared to the coonass
shrimpers. Try learning more about the fishery.

Paying 1500 then never ending union dues for a maybe position on a
union ship and an AB card.

I fa perso ndoes the homework union shipping has excellent pay.

Try again, this time do not get so excited when you type

Sure
the Day Rate seems low compared to the GOM but pencil in: over time
after 8 hr, ATO (get payed on time off on beach) medical etc
PROTECTION by a labor contract and Union wages are similar if not
higher considering total compensation package.

If you need protection to advance then the union might be the best
for you Bob.

Plus SIU promises a job after completing teh 7 month school

Hopefully you can catch that after hours spelling class.

Your slave mentality is showing. I know everyone in the GOM is
brainwashed to think unions are bad. Looks like you you are still
clinging despretly to that brainwash job you got.

You could work as an ordinary seaman, make money and earn sea time
then sit for an AB free.

Yup, I agree. But for some the SIU school is a very easy entrance into
the industry with incredible support from the union. Plus all
education and up grades are free right up to 3M Unlimited 2M CM then
Master. The STCW-95 OICNW classes alone are $20,0000 and 16 weeks
street price.

The books and study guides can be found free.
You do not have to attened and SIU classes to sit for any mates
tickets.

I suggest you get infomed and past your fat gut. But then again
forcasting consiquences of behaviors are an upperlevel thought
process. If you had that maybe that coffee blunder would have been
avoided.

And everything you do someone needs to hold your hand and lead the way
while protecting you.

Someone with your self imagined skill set could surly pass a simple AB
test.

ALread did some time ago.

Can you answer your own question? Do you have what it takes?

The motive behind my post here was to let people who are interested in
a marine career know just how easy it is to walk into a deepsea
career.

And mine was to point out other methods that do not require you to
pay to work.
But that type of work seems to risky...no protection for those that
may not be worthy of the task at hand.

I know many here want to be on the water and in this economy may need
a good job or may have an adult child foundering for a career. If my
personal situation was diffrent id jump on this opportunity in a heart
beat. But the SIU program, while excellent, does not fit my career
path at this time.

Im doing what I want to do. If you remember correctly I was one of the
3 people who called absolute bull **** on coffee importing. I cited
your arrogance and ridgid inability to adapt and learn as your
greatest flaw. Looks like my assessment was accurate.

Those who can -- do. Those who can't -- criticize.

heed advice from a meek and timid anonymus Wilbur wanna-be like you
Bob? Puttey!

Have another beer and tell us about the good old days 20 years ago
when you "ran crewboats." I for one am doing now what others dream
about doing and others say they did 30 year ago.

Continue being a puppet "bob"

Bob
Good luck to you Joe. Learn from your failure, move on, and better
yourself.

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination.”

Joe

Good luck.
Joe- Hide quoted text -

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 7, 1:05*pm, Joe wrote:

HOwever new TWIC and USCG licensing/medical requirmens have placed
demanding requirmens on new mariners. I doubt someone like yourself
would qualify.

*Your faked stupity is boring

But for some the SIU school is a very easy entrance into
the industry with incredible support from the union. Plus all
education and up grades are free right up to 3M Unlimited 2M CM then
Master. The STCW-95 OICNW classes alone are $20,0000 and 16 weeks
street price.

*The books and study guides can be found free.
You do not have to attened and SIU classes to sit for any mates
tickets.
Joe

To those reading here. Joe is mistaken. If a person wants to sail as a
mate on vessels over 200 grt on Oceans then STCW-95 rules apply.There
are no "test" a person can take to avoid the STCW requirments. This is
know as Officer In Charge Of A Navigation Watch (OICNW) No way round
the 16 weeks of classes and $20,0000 classes unless and employer of
Union pays for them. Ya got to have them because the US agreed to STCW
standards.

What Joe may be refering to is the "good old days" when STCW did not
apply. Now it does. Or he may be thinkgin of the Mate OSV. THe GOM has
its own licensing structure. In the GOM it is relitivly easy to go
from deck AB-OSV ($200-$300 per day) to Mate 1600 grt OSV simply with
360 days on your AB, a few assment check offs, and yes a USCG test.
BUT your 1600 grt Mate-OSV is only good in the oil patch. But heck the
pay for 1600 ton OSV mates run $400-$500 per day. Not a bad way to go.
ANd if an Mate-OSV wants to work outside the GOM they must complete
all STCW-95 OICNW courses and USCG tests.

Joe: Things are changeing in the GOM. I hope you stay current.
Bob
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 7, 12:53*pm, Two meter troll wrote:
Amazing Bob
I work in the industry already have my tickets and all that. the rota
is six and six *for most jobs.

Hi Two Meter:

Good to hear from another shipmate. What part of the boat world do you
work?
No need to get tooo specific here, at least for me.
I went to your webpage. Cool. Im always pleased to meet another
Oregonian. Go DUCKS !

DId you use Columbia Pacific for any of your rate/licensing?
Bob

On Jan 7, 5:31*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 7, 12:53*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

Amazing Bob
I work in the industry already have my tickets and all that. the rota
is six and six *for most jobs.

Hi Two Meter:

Good to hear from another shipmate. What part of the boat world do you
work?
No need to get tooo specific here, at least for me.
I went to your webpage. Cool. Im always pleased to meet another
Oregonian. Go DUCKS !

DId you use Columbia Pacific for any of your rate/licensing?
Bob

I work on the bridge.
used to work on OBC for a while then streamer. a few cargo ships and
occasionally an oil liter. these days i sail round in a little boat.
worked command path for several years in the high arctic.

DId you use Columbia Pacific for any of your rate/licensing?
Bob

not really i read the texts and occasionally took a study test put out
by them. but i was working so i did the mailorder route and tested in
seattle when i had enough sea time. most times i was working with
skippers who had more training on ship so i spent time reading all the
books and leaning it in my hands. from this side most of the training
courses look like shuttles to take the test not training to learn the
trade. my way took longer but then most folks dont sail ice either.

Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 7, 1:53*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:49*am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 6, 5:15*pm, Bob wrote:
Your slave mentality is showing. I know everyone in the GOM is
brainwashed to think unions are bad. Looks like you you are still
clinging despretly to that brainwash job you got.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/15908257/index.html

More brain washing Bob?

Joe

Joe wrote:
On Jan 7, 1:53 pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:49 am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 6, 5:15 pm, Bob wrote:
Your slave mentality is showing. I know everyone in the GOM is
brainwashed to think unions are bad. Looks like you you are still
clinging despretly to that brainwash job you got.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/15908257/index.html

More brain washing Bob?

I can find video of police men beating up innocent people, you want to
get rid of the police too?

Cheers
Martin

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jan 7, 1:53 pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:49 am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 6, 5:15 pm, Bob wrote:
Your slave mentality is showing. I know everyone in the GOM is
brainwashed to think unions are bad. Looks like you you are still
clinging despretly to that brainwash job you got.

+
+
+ http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/15908257/index.html
+
+ More brain washing Bob?
+
+ Joe
+

How come the one guy who sunk his boat trying to cross the Gulf of Mexico is
pretending to be a real mariner?

Wilbur Hubbard