Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Doug Dotson

Default Bedding deck fittings.

I am quickly coming to the point of rebedding the deck fittings
on my boat. A brief history: wood decks off, screw holes filled,
core voids filled, now doing final sanding. I asked someone
(a boat yard professional) whether to rebed the fitting on the raw glass
or wait until after painting and bed them on top of the paint. He
said it is best to bed in the raw glass (gelcoat actually), then mask
them off and paint around them. That way if there is a paint failure
I won't have to deal with rebedding them again. Also, much easier to
remove them, sand under then and rebed them than have them all out
and having to fill them temporarily against the WX while painting is
going on.

Thanks!
Doug
s/v Callista

New Deck Mark Davis General 4 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
New Deck Mark Davis Boat Building 3 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 General 26 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 Boat Building 19 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM