JAWs

Default Trysail Track Installation

On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:34:18 -0700, Mark wrote:

You don't need a trysail. Where you going in a Catalina that needs a
trysail.

Catalina's should not be taken out in more than 30 knots of wind.

We won't be going anywhere if there are predictions for named storms
in the forecast. Otherwise, we are racing from Annapolis to Bermuda.

We won't intentionally put ourselves in the path of trysail weather,
but it seems foolish to ignore the possibility that we could encounter
such weather. In addition, the ORC regulations call for a trysail and
we certainly intend to comply.

As far as being offshore in a Catalina 38, I am confident in trusting
my life to this sturdy Sparkman-Stephans design. The original owner
raced her in the Transpac, and at least one sistership has gone around
the world.
Bay Sailor

Mark wrote in message . ..

Catalina's should not be taken out in more than 30 knots of wind.

You gotta be kidding. That's a normal day on San Francisco Bay. I've had
my Catalina in winds well above 30kts. No problem as long as you're reefed.

dudley
..

Transducer Installation BigBadJohn General 8 June 15th 04 11:40 PM
Ideas on how to electronically track a float at sea? Gfretwell General 3 August 8th 03 01:25 AM
Macerator installation WF Cruising 14 July 31st 03 06:41 PM
battery installation A.Z Boat Building 2 July 20th 03 10:57 AM
Bolt rope track for dodger? Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 8 July 14th 03 06:46 AM