Default 50 footer ashore at Hatteras....

http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

Alan

-----------------
-----------------

"Alan White" wrote in message
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

Even Skippy isn't THAT pathetic!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Alan White" wrote in message
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

Alan

-----------------
-----------------

Bummer... nice boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-11-19 15:29:14 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

"Alan White" wrote in message
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

Even

Skippy isn't THAT pathetic!

Wilbur Hubbard

Faint praise. Still, so true. From the report:

This is the second time since leaving a New England port, bound for
Charleston, that Oger and the Gypsy Dane have required emergency
assistance.

According to published reports, on Saturday, Nov. 8, the USS Gonzalez,
a Navy missile destroyer based in Norfolk, Va., responded to a distress
call from the boat, adrift in 10-foot seas off the coast of Virginia.

So many catty remarks come to mind, but the reporter did it for me.

--
Jere Lull

Alan White wrote:
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

He went down stairs to make a sandwich and ended up on the beach. Prior
to then, he tangled his rudder with a line and drifted for days until
the CG figured it out for him & cleared it.

A guy who can buy a nice boat like that must have some real money. I
wonder at his arrogance that he won't hire a pro captain to instruct him
& assist in the journey. Pride goeth....

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

Bummer... nice boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Indeed.

-----------------
-----------------

"slide" wrote in message
Alan White wrote:
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

He went down stairs to make a sandwich and ended up on the beach. Prior to
then, he tangled his rudder with a line and drifted for days until the CG
figured it out for him & cleared it.

A guy who can buy a nice boat like that must have some real money. I
wonder at his arrogance that he won't hire a pro captain to instruct him &
assist in the journey. Pride goeth....

We pro captains don't suffer fools well . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

On Nov 19, 12:18*pm, "Alan White"
wrote:
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...50-footSailboa...

Alan

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

happy to see that there is land, betixt he and me.

On Nov 19, 2:18*pm, Gogarty wrote:
In article
,
says...

On Nov 19, 12:18*pm, "Alan White"
wrote:
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...50-footSailboa....

Alan

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com-*Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

happy to see that there is land, betixt he and me.

Well? Did he get off the beach?

dunno..... from the look of that boat; i would suspect not.
if he is lucky the storms will float him, if he is crazy he will be on
the boat ready to go when it does.
if he has a tug set an pik for him he may be able to pull his boat
off into better water with his anchor winch.
I am crazy so i would have a good pik set and be waiting for the storm.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:57:21 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"slide" wrote in message
Alan White wrote:
http://www.islandfreepress.org/2008A...eAvonSurf.html

He went down stairs to make a sandwich and ended up on the beach. Prior to
then, he tangled his rudder with a line and drifted for days until the CG
figured it out for him & cleared it.

A guy who can buy a nice boat like that must have some real money. I
wonder at his arrogance that he won't hire a pro captain to instruct him &
assist in the journey. Pride goeth....

We pro captains don't suffer fools well . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

How do you live with yourself?

Hatteras Cuts a Third of Workforce hk General 46 August 18th 08 12:46 PM
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse L D'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 0 March 21st 08 04:52 AM
Cape Hatteras at night JAXAshby ASA 3 April 15th 04 11:49 PM
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Cam Simple Simon ASA 4 September 18th 03 05:16 PM
Hatteras Jim Bailey General 0 September 1st 03 12:00 AM